The simFlight Network Forums

Is the offset for VAS still 024c in P3D V2?

The reason I ask is because I have been trying to figure out where my OOM was coming from when using some add on aircraft. Well I set up to monitor it via FSUIPC and if I am reading the logs right I got an OOM well before 4 gig. I just want to make sure I am setting this up correctly before I take it to p3d forum and find that I'm in error. Here are the logs there are 2 because I started an new one when I switched aircraft to the Twin Otter with the new ASC.dll fix.

I ran a memtest on my ram just to make sure I did not have a module getting flaky on me. they all passed.

Thanks, Jon

FSUIPC4.1.txt

FSUIPC4.txt

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

I have the exact same issue...I get the error message in P3D2 with 1.4GB of VAS available per FSUIPC; jcverrett, can you confirm you submitted the issue to P3D, I will check on my end as well. I just want to feel comfortable with what I am seeing.

I still have a question though; using ProcessExplorer to monitor VAS, I had P3D using 3.7GB and FSUIPC showing 1.2GB of VAS available per FSUIPC; shouldn't the two add to 4GB if that is the max allocated to P3D?

Thanks!

-Habib

• 2 weeks later...

I still have a question though; using ProcessExplorer to monitor VAS, I had P3D using 3.7GB and FSUIPC showing 1.2GB of VAS available per FSUIPC; shouldn't the two add to 4GB if that is the max allocated to P3D?

FSUIPC is not measuring it continuously, only every so many seconds. Also it is asking Windows about free memory which will include unused parts of allocated heaps, whereas probably ProcessExplorer lists the actual memory not allocated to the process at all yet.

Pete