The simFlight Network Forums

WideFS & registration

Hello Pete

I'm tyring to register WideFS which according to the website is included within FSUIPC so I assume I would not have to pay for it.

"NEW full release of FSUIPC4  (incorporating WideFS7) for use with FSX December 18th 2013.

Wideserver is built into FSUIPC4 , you will need the WideClient from the WideFS link below". This link then takes us to Simarket for purchase?

Sorry but I'm a little confused can you please confirm what I have to do to register WideFS7.

I installed and registered FSUIPC and tried to register WideFS today but have no key. It seems I have to buy WideFS7 in order to obtain this key?

Hope that makes sense!

Regards

Alan W

I'm tyring to register WideFS which according to the website is included within FSUIPC so I assume I would not have to pay for it.

"NEW full release of FSUIPC4  (incorporating WideFS7) for use with FSX December 18th 2013.

Wideserver is built into FSUIPC4 , you will need the WideClient from the WideFS link below". This link then takes us to Simarket for purchase?

Both WideServer and WideClient have always been free to download and install. You have to purchase a key to unlock the Server. All that happened in FSUIPC4 was that the WideServer code was built into FSUIPC instead of being a separate DLL. This made it more efficient, a step made necessary by the heavier load placed on PCs by FSX.

I installed and registered FSUIPC and tried to register WideFS today but have no key. It seems I have to buy WideFS7 in order to obtain this key?

Yes.

Pete