The simFlight Network Forums

Run options

Hi

I've been running FS9 and using run options but now after migrating to FSX I am unable to save the FSX path.

Each time I save and exit and the next time I look it is showing No FS path without any programmes saved too.

Thank

Alan W

I've been running FS9 and using run options but now after migrating to FSX I am unable to save the FSX path.

Each time I save and exit and the next time I look it is showing No FS path without any programmes saved too.

What are you editing? Saving a file just saves a file. Nothing else is going to change it except you and your editor. Perhaps you need to be more explicit. I assume you are editing the FSUIPC4.INI file, before you run FS, and checking it again before doing so?

FSUIPC4 itself doesn't alter the [Programs] section in any way. it is left exactly how you set it, so if it is changing it is you who is changing it!

Pete

It sound like I might not have been that clear in my explanation?

When I was using FS9 I had the run options.exe icon on my desktop which I added programmes to, in my case Prosim 737,Prosim MCP, Prosim CDU. FSPath=FS9.

Now when I run FSX it starts but the Prosim modules don't. So upon checking in run options.exe there are no programmes displayed nor the FS path even though I had added them and saved them.

I hope that is a better explanation.

Regards

Alan

It sound like I might not have been that clear in my explanation?

When I was using FS9 I had the run options.exe icon on my desktop which I added programmes to, in my case Prosim 737,Prosim MCP, Prosim CDU. FSPath=FS9.

Now when I run FSX it starts but the Prosim modules don't. So upon checking in run options.exe there are no programmes displayed nor the FS path even though I had added them and saved them.

I hope that is a better explanation.

Yes, but you are asking about a program "run options.exe" which I'm afraid I don't know. Sorry, I think you may be in the wrong forum?

Pete

run options.exe as found on the schiratti website under FSUIPC options by Jose Olivera. I assumed this was part of your domain because of the FSUIPC connection

Enrico Schiratti owns that page -- it is his collection of things related to my programs, as it clearly says. I have no control over it whatsoever.

I do now seem to recollect that program, but it was written a long long time ago and will certainly not apply to FSX or FSUIPC4. You need to edit the FSUIPC4.INI file instead, adding the appropriate [Programs] section there. You can cut and paste that section from your FS9 version of FSUIPC.INI I should think.

The FSUIPC4 Advanced User's guide does have a section about this too.

Regards

Pete