The simFlight Network Forums

Members.

What are your views take the time to reply, even if it is just to say nuts!

In the meantime I would like to start a discussion on the merits of FSUIPC, how perhaps even more users could benefit from it.

i guess the product is installed on hundreds if not thousands of computers across the world. It is used by many

flight simmers of varying programming skills, from novice to advanced. I read on how the product has improved their

flying experience, so clearly there is a need for FSUIPC in the flight sim community.

I am an IT project manager, do I know anything about programming No. Because I do not need too,

to do my job, alas with this product I feel you do need to have some programming skills/knowledge call it

whatever you want too!.

All I want to do is when I turn my computer on is to fire up my flight sim and fly, no weird movements of my joystick,

or my throttles go haywire, or interfaces between programs fail, and then FSX CTD's.. I think most of us have 

been in this situation.

My own situation is probably similar to many many users. You purchase add-on software, which states,

included is a free copy of FSUIPC. To achieve full functionality you should purchase the licensed version,

written by Pete Dowson.. How many times have you come across this?? So you purchase the licenced

copy, and install it.. What did it actually do, to enhance your flying experience, if like me nothing!!! other

than add another menu to the add-on's in flight simulator.

When you read the manual it tells you all the nice things the program can do, So I think great..as I see

it filling in the gaps and fine tuning, bits that in my case FSX does not do.. Or it can do it better.. 

So it is an interface. Which is very good as anything to ease my frustration of FSX is welcomed.

This is where I hit a brick wall, I read the manual more than once, and I am still confused. To the point

where I give up In my case it is because I am faced the so many screens and options, and sometimes

am so overwhelmed by choices, click this, press that push two together and so on, I scurry back to

the safety of default options!!

So to the point of my post, a new forum with moderators not just a post within this forum.

Where users, and this is the important point, for those that have a legal registered copy.

They have bought the product but are not benefiting from the features and enhancements.

A forum where profiles and settings for specific hardware, such as the Saitek products can be exchanged.

Also for members to share tips and tricks, on how to use FSUIPC with their hardware and software..

Here is a an example of how FSUIPC worked in one instance for me..

I downloaded the excellent Plan G software by Tim Arnott, struggled and I mean struggled for days trying

to get it to work with SimConnect. Nix's nothing.. Change of mind set.. Instead of SimConnect, why not use

this product with FSWide... 30 seconds, I do not lie.. my client and server are talking to each other..

So my question is why do not all software developers use FSUIPC.. and insist on SimConnect, can anyone

answer that question..

So in conclusion, a new forum for registered users of FSUIPC, who have no programming skills and can feel

free to ask any question without feeling like a numpty. (look it up). Because it is sure, someone has asked the question

before..

Am I right?, is there such a forum already in existence? let me know.

Enjoy the flight..