The simFlight Network Forums

Problems programming pilot heat switches on C90B

I'm trying to program the pilot heat switches of the Carenado C90B to a hardware switch, but I'm having some trouble with it.

When I log the left pilot heat switch, the log sais it's connected to the pilot heat toggle command and the right pilot heat switch doesn't send any log information at all. For several other switches that are divided in a left and right, I see they both switch by operating one controller, so I guess this would be okay, but when I program a hardware switch to the pilot heat toggle, none of the virtual switches work.

I do the same as I always do for all functions: Open the buttons & switches page, move the switch on the controller to send the control number to FSUIPC, check 'select for FS control' and set the pilot heat toggle command for the press and release function on the page, then click OK.

What am I doing wrong?

I also notice that when I log the FSB/NoSMK switch it logs as: Cabin No Smoking Alter Switch Toggle. However, when I program that function to a controller, I do hear the ping that the function should be switched, but the switch doesn't move. I tried to the Cabin Seatbelt Alter Switch Toggle, but there I get the same effect.

Also the Autofeather Arm is giving me problems. When I log the virtual switch, it says it is connected to the Toggle Autofeather Arm command, but when I program that function, it does show in the log that I switch the function, but the virtual switch isn't moving.

I'm trying to program the pilot heat switches of the Carenado C90B to a hardware switch, but I'm having some trouble with it.

When I log the left pilot heat switch, the log sais it's connected to the pilot heat toggle command and the right pilot heat switch doesn't send any log information at all.

It seems, then, that the second one is merely csmetic, or local to the gauge or aircraft code. FS would only see controls passed on to FS. For a second Pitot Heater I would havce expected the same control to be used but with a parameter of 1 or 2, but if so you would have seen it logged.

Most sophisticated add-on aircraft do their own thing in amny ways, some completely 9like the PMSG range) and some partially. You could see if Mouse Macro techniques work for it, or else maybe local panel variables (L:Vars).

I also notice that when I log the FSB/NoSMK switch it logs as: Cabin No Smoking Alter Switch Toggle. However, when I program that function to a controller, I do hear the ping that the function should be switched, but the switch doesn't move. I tried to the Cabin Seatbelt Alter Switch Toggle, but there I get the same effect.

This will be to do with the way the gauge is programmed. Maybe it's an error, or maybe it is intended that way. You need to talk to Carenado support.

Also the Autofeather Arm is giving me problems. When I log the virtual switch, it says it is connected to the Toggle Autofeather Arm command, but when I program that function, it does show in the log that I switch the function, but the virtual switch isn't moving.

Same again. Carenado support.  

You need to understand that FS commands are sent to and processed (if applicable) by FS,. Add-on aircraft programmers do their own thing and can, and do, choose to ignore the FS commands, or add their own (like PMDG did for the 737NGX), or even provide no way of implementing switches other than by mouse click. If there are no keyboard shortcuts provided by Carenado, then, as I mentioned above, there are two tools provided by FSUIPC which might help, depending on how the add-on is written -- mouse macros which only work for gauges written strictly according the Microsoft's C/C++ Gauge SDK, and L:Vars which are usually associated with gauges written in XML.

Regards

Pete