The simFlight Network Forums

lost fsuipc

Hello

I have lost the module that contained all of my addons in FSX.

I am trying to rebuild it.

I have reinstalled FSUIPC (v4.827)  but the button to register it in FSX is greyed out and it says to reinstall outside of FSX, when I do that it will not accept the key that I had saved.

I don't mind purchasing FSUIPC again to get fresh key.

Can I do this and install over the version that I now have or should I uninstall the version that I have that will not allow me to register, or can you make any suggestions so that I will get a working version of FSUIPC

Larry

First of all the version you have installed is out of date.  Go to the updated modules section of the forum to find the latest one.

The latest is 4.934 and is found under Download Links/Updated modules.

Fsuipc  should only installed to the Modules folder in FSX, never anywhere else.  AFAIK The installer doesn't let you install it anywhere else.

If you are getting the error message you describe I cannot see that it is referring to FSUIPC, are you sure  it isn't referring to some other module which uses FSUIPC to communicate with FSX?

You definitely do not need to re-purchase FSUIPC, the details you already have(assuming you did buy it and are not using the free version) work to re-register it when it is installed correctly.

If this doesn't work then I'm afraid you may have to wait for Pete to return from holiday for further assistance.

I have downloaded and installed FSUIPC v4.934.

The same problem as before continues to exist, FSUIPC would not accept y saved LOG info to register.

All buttons in FSX addon directory for FSUIPC are greyed out and message says to run the installer again to register but that once again would not accept my save LOGIN.

How this problem started:

FSUIPC was registered and functioning.

I was having a problem with a product, an External Panel from the Saitek Co. There seemed to be a problem with the drivers which called for "FS2004 and FSUIPC" (I am using FSX)

Customer support from Saitek suggested that I uninstall from the FSX modules directory the "FSUIPC.DLL" file.

For some stupid reason because I was trying to fix drivers I did not relate this to Peter Dawsons FSUIPC in the modules directory so I deleted it as well as all references to FSUIPC.

Since FSUIPC was running properly I had no reason to check the FSUIPC fie to see that I had damaged the file..

This was a very stupid mistake I should have known better, but this is what bring me to this problem.

I would be willing to purchase Peter Dawsons FSUIPC again to get a current LOGIN.

I have also included my FSUIPC log file if it would be helpful.

Larry

FSUIPC4.zip

I have downloaded and installed FSUIPC v4.934.

The same problem as before continues to exist, FSUIPC would not accept y saved LOG info to register.

All buttons in FSX addon directory for FSUIPC are greyed out and message says to run the installer again to register but that once again would not accept my save LOGIN.

I have also included my FSUIPC log file if it would be helpful.

The registration information appears very strange.  Is your SimMarket user name really "l;arry mintz". I've never seen a name with a ';' before!

Either way, one of the three parts of the registration you have entered is most definitely wrong, and that is the reason, plain and simple, why the installation appears unregistered.

Please go to your SimMarket account and retrieve the correct user name, email and key, and use cut-and-paste from that so you make no more mistakes.

[LATER]

I just checked, and in fact you've been very very good to me, having purchased FSUIPC4 no less than 4 (FOUR) times -- in October 06, May 07, April 10 and May 10!

And every time you used the name "larry mintz" never "l;arry mintz"!

BTW my name is "Dowson" rather than "Dawson".

Pete

Hello Pete,

Since there are more than 1 purchase I chose what I found was the most recent.

Name; Larry Mintz

Email; nine-lives@comcast.net

FSUIPC Key XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

ORDER# 623357

DATED 5/24/2010...not the same date as you show.

I don't know where the l;arry mintz came from.

Thanks for your reply, hope this helps

Larry

Edited by Pete Dowson

FSUIPC Key XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Never Ever publish your private key! I shall have to disable that one now! :sad:

Since there are more than 1 purchase I chose what I found was the most recent.

Name; Larry Mintz

Email; nine-lives@comcast.net

There is no purchased registration with the name "Larry Mintz", only "larry mintz". I told you everything muct be exact! If you can't enter it afresh correctly, use cut and paste, as I said!

ORDER# 623357

DATED 5/24/2010...not the same date as you show.

5/24/2010 is a way of saying May 2010,  one of the 4  I listed! Did you think there were 24 months in a year? 5 = May!

I don't know where the l;arry mintz came from.

Obviously you entered it into the dialogue. A slip of the finger on the keyboard perhaps. Nevertheless, that's what you told the computer!

Do NOT use that key you just published for all the world's pirates to use. I will be disabling that one now. Use one of the other three. And please enter everything exactly, no variations!

Pete

Hi,

I'm sorry, I am not familiar with this reply system. "Paste from Word" I do not understand your cut and paste system Ctrl/Cmd

Cant find Cmd key. unless there is another description for Cmd

Also you said;

Please go to your SimMarket account and retrieve the correct "user name", "email" and "key" and use cut-and-paste from that so you make no more mistakes.

this is not cut and paste but is exactly as shown in my description "Select Package Single licence, Reg/ Serial/ Voucher Key/Number:"

Name: larry mintz

Email: nine-lives@comcast.net

FSUIPC4 Key: XXXXXXXXXXXX

If you want me to cut and paste, I need to know key for  "Cmd"

Really sorry for difficulty in following your directions.

Larry

I'm sorry, I am not familiar with this reply system. "Paste from Word" I do not understand your cut and paste system Ctrl/Cmd

Cant find Cmd key. unless there is another description for Cmd.

I've no idea what you are talking about here. "cut and paste" is simply a way of copying text from one place to another. It is nothing of mine, but a standard way of editing. If you can type your name exactly as it should be, and your email, and your key, then do so, but evidently you've not been able to so far.

The name, email and key MUST be exactly correct. That is all that is required. How you achieve that is up to you, but the sure way and the way generally recommended is to copy the text directly using the tools all Windsows editors provide.

this is not cut and paste but is exactly as shown in my description "Select Package Single licence, Reg/ Serial/ Voucher Key/Number:"

Name: larry mintz

Email: nine-lives@comcast.net

FSUIPC4 Key: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Well, see, you CAN do it!!! Now do it in the correct places in the Registration dialogue. Do NOT spell your name "l:arry mintz" as you did the first time, nor "Larry Mintz" as you did the second time!

If you want me to cut and paste, I need to know key for  "Cmd"

What do you mean by "key for 'Cmd'?" That makes no sense to me!

I can't tutor you in how to use an editor. They are all different. Certainly there are standard ways in Windows -- I'm sure any Windows help will tell you. Or use the menus in an editor, they are in English in an English or American system!

Really sorry for difficulty in following your directions.

The directions have not changed for the 12 years that FSUIPC has had a registration system, and you've had one registered copy of FSUIPC3 and four of FSUIPC4, yet you still don't know how to Register? It is explained in both the Installation and Registration document and in the User Guide, and both emphasise, as I have done repeatedly here, that you must enter things CORRECTLY! If you enter them correctly it works, if not it doesn't.

Pete

Hello Pete,

I have been able to register FSUIPC using one of my former purchase logins.

Right now FSUIPC says:

This FSUIPC is registered to:

Larry Mintz

nine-lives@comcast.net

I assume I am all set

Thanks for the help and sorry for  the confusion.i am 80 years old and sometimes I get a little forgetful. My thoughts about FSX need a little refereshing from time to time.

Larry