The simFlight Network Forums

cannot register offset

Hi Tom,

Your post appeared eventually - I think it's because new users need their first posts need to be reviewed by a moderator.

Even though we dealt with this on PM I'm including my reply here in case anyone else comes across this post who has a similar problem.

When using Hexadecimal notation in VB you need to add &H at the start of the number so the compiler knows that you want to use Hex. So in the brackets you need:

(&H23A)

Note that you can type (&H023A) but the code editor will probably remove the leading 0 to give the above.

FSUIPC offsets are always given in Hex, so even if the offset address contains only numbers you still need to prefix with &H. If you don't, it will compile okay but you'll be getting a completely different offset.

I notice from your code that you've declared (Dim'ed) the offset inside the Form load event. You should always declare the offsets at the class (form) level. This means they will be accessible from anywhere in the form and will prevent the offsets being created more than once.

So your code should look more like this:

Imports FSUIPC

Public Class Form1

Dim secondfstime as Offset(Of Byte) = New FSUIPC.Offset(Of Byte)(&H23A)
    ' Other offsets go here

Public Sub Form1_Load(sender As System.Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        FSUIPCConnection.Open()
    End Sub

End Class

Paul