The simFlight Network Forums

P3d fails to start with FSUIPC error

Hi

I installed P3D 2.5 today together with FSUIPC4939. This evening I cannot start P3D without removing FSUIPC from the Modules folder. Looking at the event viewer the following is reported:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 2.5.12942.0, time stamp: 0x54d283cc

Faulting module name: FSUIPC4.dll, version: 4.9.3.9, time stamp: 0x54d9e947

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Faulting process ID: 0x17bc

Faulting application start time: 0x01d04637ebb1c7e0

Faulting application path: E:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Prepar3D.exe

Faulting module path: E:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll

Ive downloaded a new copy and tried it but P3d fails to start with that. Removing the ini makes no difference.

I would appreciate your thoughts.

I installed P3D 2.5 today together with FSUIPC4939. This evening I cannot start P3D without removing FSUIPC from the Modules folder. Looking at the event viewer the following is reported:

I would appreciate your thoughts.

Well, unfortunately the crash information is missing the one crucial value I would need to really think anything: the module offset, which tells me WHERE in the program it crashed. Have you omitted it for some reason? Or doesn't it feature? If it doesn't that in itself is telling -- telling me the crash is happening before FSUIPC has actually managed to start.

A description of how far the loading process of P3D proceeded before the crash is, of course, essential, so do you think you could tell me that too, please?

Furthermore, the FSUIPC4.LOg file from the Modules folder, as far as it is produced, would help to see how far it got.  If there is none, as well as no information about the crash place inside the DLL, then it would certainly indicate that this is the usual SimConnect timing glitch during DLL loading which afflicts a few quite severely but most not at all -- please see the FAQ subforum thread entitled "FSX fails to run after FSUIPC4 first installed", which although referring to FSX also, I'm sure. applies to P3D.

On the other hand, if there is a log, there must surely be a crash location which you've omitted. Please find that, as well as pasting the contents of the log in a message here.

Incidentally, I'm afraid that after tomorrow evening (Thursday 12th) I am away for over two weeks.

Pete

Hello...

Same happening here.

Here you are my FSUIPC4.log:

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.939 by Pete Dowson *********
Reading options from "E:\Prepar3D v2\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"
Running inside Prepar3D
Module base=1A4C0000
User Name=""
User Addr=""
FSUIPC4 not user registered
WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired
       31 System time = 11/02/2015 22:18:33
       31 FLT path = "C:\Users\Luis Fernandez\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files\"
       31 Trying E:\Prepar3D v2\Modules\SimConnectP3D.dll
       62 Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...
       62 FS path = "E:\Prepar3D v2\"
      202 LogOptions=00000000 00000001
      202 ### Failed to obtain SIM1 Frictions access: no frictions facilities available!
      202     Reason 6: SIM1 base=00C70000
      202     FrictionAddr=00CA0108 contains 11E85750
      202     BrakingAddr=00CA13C8 contains CC45DC00
      202 Hook Error: can't find .37 in SIM1.dll
      202 Hook Error: can't find .37 in VISUALFX.dll

Thank you!

Hello...

Same happening here.

Here you are my FSUIPC4.log:

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.939 by Pete Dowson *********
Reading options from "E:\Prepar3D v2\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"
Running inside Prepar3D
Module base=1A4C0000
User Name=""
User Addr=""
FSUIPC4 not user registered
WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired
       31 System time = 11/02/2015 22:18:33
       31 FLT path = "C:\Users\Luis Fernandez\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files\"
       31 Trying E:\Prepar3D v2\Modules\SimConnectP3D.dll
       62 Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...
       62 FS path = "E:\Prepar3D v2\"
      202 LogOptions=00000000 00000001
      202 ### Failed to obtain SIM1 Frictions access: no frictions facilities available!
      202     Reason 6: SIM1 base=00C70000
      202     FrictionAddr=00CA0108 contains 11E85750
      202     BrakingAddr=00CA13C8 contains CC45DC00
      202 Hook Error: can't find .37 in SIM1.dll
      202 Hook Error: can't find .37 in VISUALFX.dll

Thank you!

This log shows to me that your Prepar3D installation is not correct. Certainly, the SIM1.DLL you have installed is not the one installed by the full install file provided by Lockheed Martin.  If the version of P3D installed isn't one FSUIPC knows properly, then, yes, crashes will likely ensue.

What version number, for instance, is the SIM1.DLL? Right click on it and select Properties.

Please show me the FSUIPC4 Install log, also found in the Prepar3D Modules folder.

Additionally I need the crash details provided by Windows.

Pete

Sorry for delay.

The system is Windows 10 Pro Build 9926 with a clean install of p3d 2.5. When I start P3D you initally briefly see the scenery indices 'bar'  move across the screen and then a few seconds later an error is reported: Lockheed Martin Prepar2D has stopped working. Unfortunately I cant upload a picture.

Ive attached the report from the event viewer and FSUIPC log (name removed).

Crash Log.txt

FSUIPC4 log.txt

The system is Windows 10 Pro...

In a thread on the Prepar3d forum titled  Just so you know… (for devs) Adam Breed of Lockheed Martin said on February 10, 2015 at 07:53

Hello All,

We will look into this issue in the near future and are working towards complete Windows 8+ compatibility for future releases.

Prepar3D® Senior Software Engineer

It seems unlikely that Prepar3D is  compatible with Windows 10 if it still doesn't have complete Windows 8+ compatibility?

The system is Windows 10 Pro Build 9926 with a clean install of p3d 2.5. When I start P3D you initally briefly see the scenery indices 'bar'  move across the screen and then a few seconds later an error is reported: Lockheed Martin Prepar2D has stopped working. Unfortunately I cant upload a picture.

Ive attached the report from the event viewer and FSUIPC log (name removed).

The FSUIPC error log actually shows a successful load, starting at

235 System time = 11/02/2015 20:03:51

and being normally terminated, with P3D closure (not crash) a couple of minutes later!

92719 System time = 11/02/2015 20:05:24, Simulator time = 15:56:57 (19:56Z)
    92719 *** FSUIPC log file being closed
Minimum frame rate was 41.3 fps, Maximum was 46.8 fps
Minimum available memory recorded was 2147Mb
Average frame rate for running time of 12 secs = 44.7 fps
Memory managed: 9 Allocs, 9 Freed
********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

The crash data from Windows doesn't relate to that successful load and is later:

Date:          11/02/2015 20:38:54

But since no log is produced it suggests FSUIPC was either not loaded, or barely so (the Log is started pretty much iimmediately FSUIPC receives the startup call)..  )However, at least this time you provided the main information needed, the offset:

Fault offset: 0x0001dbb5

I'll have a quick look to see if that tells me anything, but meanwhile you need to determine what the difference is between the successful load and the subsequent unsuccessful one. Maybe something is left set strangely? Maybe it only works correctly on a clean PC boot?

Unfortunately I'm away from this evening for over two weeks, so it is doubtful I can solve it beforehand. There are (so far) no other similar reports and judging by the AVSIM P3D forum there are quite a few folks using it. I have it installed and working fine on two different systems, but I don't have Windows 8 or Windows 10 so I'm a bit concerned that maybe your Pre-Release operating system is involved.(as I see mgh suggests).

BTW I see that FSUIPC regards Windows 10 as just another version of Windows 8. not that it will make any difference -- FSUIPC assumes Microsoft keep Windows backward compatible. However, I'd like it to be logged correctly, so can you tell me what the full version number is of that Windows build? Is it another 6.n increment or have they moved on to 7 or more?

Pete

Fault offset: 0x0001dbb5

I'll have a quick look to see if that tells me anything, but meanwhile you need to determine what the difference is between the successful load and the subsequent unsuccessful one. Maybe something is left set strangely? Maybe it only works correctly on a clean PC boot?

Right. The load problem is definitely not FSUIPC4, it is the SimConnect bug, which Microsoft knew about but couldn't find a full fix. It was much much worse in the original FSX RTM version. They applied a fix in SP1 which helped in 99% of cases but didn't clear it up completely. It is a timing problem between different threads and they never found a way to isolate it.

I can say this for sure because that offset, 0x0001DBB5, is the entry point to FSUIPC4 from SimConnect, a function called "DLLStart". It is the call from SimConnect to that entry point which is causing the crash, probably because the DLL has been loaded once, checked by the Windows "Trust" system (which SimConnect always uses even though the prompts which occur in FSX were removed in P3D), and probably then unloaded and is being reloaded as the time another thread in SimConnect tries to call it.

So, I can't actually do anything about it in my code as it doesn't get that far.

Pete

Thanks for your time on this Pete.

The Windows 10 build is 9926 (the latest full build available with various updates).

I dont have any major problems with FSX or P3D in Win10 although MyTraffic5.4c is causing ntl.dll errors in P3D. (In fact it is better than 8.1 because there are no joystick disconnects.)

Strange thing is that FSUIPC was initially working yesterday afternoon but P3D would not start in the evening without removing FSUIPC.

I have lots of the system event logs which are similar so I just picked one. Anyway, Ive just generated another one but there is no concurrent FSUIPC log.

Maybe a P3D reinstall is needed.

Have a good trip. 

Regards

Howard

Edit. Apologies, our posts crossed.

Log Name.txt

Edited by DescendDescend