The simFlight Network Forums

Fuel Capacity - FSX vs FSUIPC

Hi,

I just wanted to make sure that I am not doing anything incorrectly when I am pulling fuel capacities.

I am noticing that if an aircraft is configured with a tank capacity that has a fraction for example:

FSX default 172 has 26.5 in each main

that FSX displays 26.5 in the fuel menu, but when I pull the data in FSUIPC I only get the integer value (26) and the decimal is dropped (.5) (I see that in FS-Interrogate as well)

Is the fraction not available?

I am trying to match up fuel tanks to the models over at FSEconomy and currently we round up the fraction to store in the DB, and I am thinking to get an exact match with FSUIPC we should just truncate to the integer so I don't end up a gallon off all the time.

Thanks,

Scott

Hi,

I just wanted to make sure that I am not doing anything incorrectly when I am pulling fuel capacities.

I am noticing that if an aircraft is configured with a tank capacity that has a fraction for example:

FSX default 172 has 26.5 in each main

that FSX displays 26.5 in the fuel menu, but when I pull the data in FSUIPC I only get the integer value (26) and the decimal is dropped (.5) (I see that in FS-Interrogate as well)

Is the fraction not available?

It probably is from SimConnect, but FSUIPC offsets for them are integers (and have been since FS98 days -- and FSUIPC has always been about maintaining compatibility for applications across FS versions)., so FSUIPC asks SimConnect for integers. To provide a floating point version I'd need to duplicate the information in 11 new 32-bit offsets, which I'd rather not.

Pete