The simFlight Network Forums

Response Curve Fsuipc3.999x

I can't modify the slope correctly.

Fs9, fsuipc 3.999x, saitek x52,

The upper 50% of the diagram are working with the slope button.

Why ?

Because you are using the slope on an axis where the part below the set "centre" position is being used for Reverse.  There are no slopes for the reverse section, only for the forward section, the part above you selected centre.

If you selected the "no reverse zone" option you would find the slope occupied the whole range. It depends u[pon exactly what you want to do.

Pete

• 8 months later...

If you selected the "no reverse zone" option you would find the slope occupied the whole range.

Hi Pete,

I wonder why mine isn't working. I'm using Saitek Pro Flight Yoke with an extra throttle quadrant. I ticked "no reverse zone" and still I only have the upper half of the slope working. Is there anything else I could do to get it to work the whole range?

Thank you very much,

Enrique

I wonder why mine isn't working. I'm using Saitek Pro Flight Yoke with an extra throttle quadrant. I ticked "no reverse zone" and still I only have the upper half of the slope working. Is there anything else I could do to get it to work the whole range?

I think you misunderstand. The graphic slope depiction shows the complete output from -16384 to +16384. When a reverse zone is used the slope is kept linear for the reverse portion (the left half of the graphic) and the slope applies only to the part of the throttle movement used for forward thrust.

With "no reverse zone" the left half of the graphic is completely unused because you are not allowing any part of the throttle movement to give you -ve outputs. The whole of the throttle movement is handled by the upper part of the slope, the right-hand side. This is what I meant by "you would find the slope occupied the whole range."

Try it. Try completely flat at top and then bottom (or the right hand half) and see how the output numbers remain fixed or slow for much longer at that end and how fast they change at the other.

Of course I'm assuming assume that by saying "mine isn't working" you only misunderstand the graphic, and not that don't like the actual result of what you've set? Or did you really have some problem you meant to report?

Pete

Hello Pete,

Thank you very much for the explanation. Yes, you're right... I misunderstood the graphic. In reality, I don't have any problem with my setup. In fact, I'm quite happy with it. My only complaint, if any, is that I'd like to have a smoother/slower response for the first half. Anyway, I'll try what you suggested and report back. Thanks again!

Enrique

My only complaint, if any, is that I'd like to have a smoother/slower response for the first half. Anyway, I'll try what you suggested and report back. 

Try the upper slope that is flat (horizontal) on the left, but steep on the right to compensate (so you still get the whole range). The flattest part is very slow indeed.

Pete