The simFlight Network Forums

This hopefully hasn't been covered before, I did find one post somewhere on the internet where somebody had this identical problem, but no solution.

FSUIPC4 4.939 dowlnoaded yesterday after fiddling with default FSX-SE for 2 days trying to assign my Saitek pro flight yoke, throttle quadrant, and pedals. I learned more messing sith FSUPIC & youtube in an hour then in 6 hours the FSX default way.

Anyway, the problem I could not figure out in FSX, and I am having the same issue in FSUIPC - the spoilers. I assigned they spoiler axis to my Y-rotation axis (the third sliding lever). I directed it right into FSUIPC calibration. I calibrated the range (an oddity I just went with was the fact that theres a center calibration - I would think min/max would be more appropriate for a sliding axis). Going into the game, the spoiler kind of has a mind of its own. Starting from retracted, sliding the lever up the spoilers start to go up mirroring the movements of the slider. Then at some point the spoilers just take off on their own and go to full up, and will stay up no matter what setting the slider is on. Only when sliding up my throttle lever (the first slider) do the spoilers come back down.

This happend in FSX default as well prior to installing FSUIPC. Exiting to my computer control panel, checking the Saitek calibration window, the slider is working smoothly throught its entier range... as far as I can tell it is working perfect.

Any ideas?