The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC4 buttons crash P3D(?)

Hello,
Please tell me this problem is well-known and I'm just blind:

Prepar3D v3.1 crashes specifically when I have any button assigned on my X-55. There is no error generated in FSUIPC4.log, The Prepar3D application log shows an error faulting an unknown module. A clean reinstall doesn't fix the problem. I also have FSX:SE installed on this same PC, using the same ini file, and it works like a champ. I connected an old X-52 to P3D and haven't gotten any problems yet. I have uninstalled vJoy, checked the power management on all USB ports. I plugged the stick and throttle directly into the PC. Reinstalled the Saitek drivers.

I have attached my latest ini file. I don't know what value there is in that. If i delete it, the problem goes away until a program a button. 

I have had P3D v3 since day one and have yet to use it the way I need to. 

Thanks in advance.

Chris

FSUIPC4.txt

i7-4770 3.4GHz | NVidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti v361.91
Oculus Runtime 0.8 | FlyInside Pro 1.2 | Leap Motion Controller
Saitek X-55 | LM P3D v3.1 | Windows 10

Prepar3D v3.1 crashes specifically when I have any button assigned on my X-55. There is no error generated in FSUIPC4.log, The Prepar3D application log shows an error faulting an unknown module. A clean reinstall doesn't fix the problem. I also have FSX:SE installed on this same PC, using the same ini file, and it works like a champ. I connected an old X-52 to P3D and haven't gotten any problems yet. I have uninstalled vJoy, checked the power management on all USB ports. I plugged the stick and throttle directly into the PC. Reinstalled the Saitek drivers.

attachicon.gifFSUIPC4.txt

i7-4770 3.4GHz | NVidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti v361.91

Oculus Runtime 0.8 | FlyInside Pro 1.2 | Leap Motion Controller

Saitek X-55 | LM P3D v3.1 | Windows 10

Well, you have 4 X-55 devices listed -- two X55 throttles and two X55 sticks. Does any button on any of them cause the crash? You only have two buttons assigned on one of the Throttles, and you have axes assigned on that same throttle and on one of the sticks.

Do you have controllers disabled altogether in P3D? You should do if you are assigning in FSUIPC.

From what you say it seems to me as if it must be a problem of P3D, but just try an experiment first -- rename the FSUIPC4.KEY file in your P3D Modules folder. That will make FSUIPC temporarily unregistered so it won't even scan any joysticks, let alone respond to any buttons. See if P3D crashes then. Try enabling controllers in P3D, see if it then crashes.

Apart from scanning for changes on any joysticks you have assignments for (only the 2 of them out of the 4), FSUIPC only takes action on assigned buttons, of which you only have the two.

Also, I noted from the L-M forums that Saitek released new Win10 drivers for the X55 back in September. Have you checked that you are up to date? ftp://ftp.saitek.com/pub/software/beta/Windows10/

I think you might need to report the problem on the L-M forum.

Pete

Each of the devices is listed twice. 2 & 3 are the actual device assignments. 9 & 12 were assigned from vJoy, which I removed completely per Shaul's instructions. There is no driver installed when I run pnputil, yet 9 & 12 persist. P3D never crashes as the result of assigning and axis. The FSUIPC interface allows me to assign buttons to 9 & 12. I once managed to get the interface to recognize 2 & 3 directly, but P3D still crashed.
Currently I have the X-55 installed with the latest Saitek drivers. No vJoy installed. FSUIPC still shows 2,3,9 & 12. P3D does not crash when I rename FSUIPC4.key.
The part that confuses me is that P3D crashes because I assigned a button, and not because I used it. It doesn't matter which button. I will ask LM and Shaul.

Thanks