The simFlight Network Forums

Steam Edition and FSUIPC

I've seen lots of posts about FSX and FSX:SE. I bought a used version of FSX and only got a single installation out of it! Fortunately, it was cheap!

After hearing about problems with FSX under Windows 10 (I'm still running Win 7 at the moment) I've got the heebie-jeebies about how long my installation might last.

Will FSUIPC support the Steam edition as well as it supports FSX?

Also been sneaking peeks at X-Plane and been thinking about the lowest level license for Prepar3D.

Art - N4PJ

Leesburg, FL

• 4 weeks later...

Good Night !!

Mr. Pete Dowson,

I need some help about FSUIPC and WIDEFS...

I actually have installed the Registered FSUIPC 4.858 working properly with no problems with FSX on my computer. I'd like to buy or move to FSX Steam Edition and I really do not know if I have to update my version and/or buy the latest FSUIPC version, 4.949. Does it work on both versions ?  Do I need another Key ? Could you please help me ?

Looking forward your reply,

Best regards,

Alessandro Paixao

I actually have installed the Registered FSUIPC 4.858

4.858 is old and unsupported. You do not install a "registered version", you install the only version, and you may or may not register it as you wish. You can install new versions at any time without re-registering.

I really do not know if I have to update my version and/or buy the latest FSUIPC version, 4.949. Does it work on both versions ?

Why don't you know? You must always install the latest version if you want any support.  FSUIPC4 currently supports FSX, FSX-SE, P3D1.4, P3D2, and P3D3 up to P3D3.2.

Do I need another Key ?

No, you purchased FSUIPC4, not a specific version of FSUIPC4! 

Pete