The simFlight Network Forums

Tower 3D-purchasing with Steam or not?

eke_flx

Hi

I have not previously been exposed to this ATC program (i use Flight SImulator) and ask for purchasing -  is it better purchase via Steam  (cheaper) or usual download file from developer site? When a flight simulator is often necessary to modify files and there is a need to open the simulator's internal files, how is this program Tower3D (if only the start game and all what i need)? Because when i purchase with Steam i can`t later modify (only can purchase addons )?

regards

Eke

Just some thoughts on this:

• Steam is cheaper (as you mentioned)
  • Developer has stated on this forum that updates will be available earlier for non-Steam customers. This, according to me, is because they have outsourced the Steam deployment to another company. So any updates/patches (note: not add-ons) will have to be passed to their partner who then needs to add it to Steam. 
  • although updates will be later (not slower), Steam does auto-update, so you will never have to download a file and then run it and install etc. Steam takes care of that for you.
  • concerning editing files: Steam still installs the game on your system (in the directory Program files/Steam/steamapps/common) so you can still jump in there and edit to your heart's content and then run the game from Steam itself. HOWEVER: from what I have seen in the new directory structure of Tower!3D, there are not a heck of a lot of files we will be editing, maybe even none at all. But details on this are still sketchy and pending from FeelThere.
  • Upvote 1