The simFlight Network Forums

Trouble assigning keys to GPS

Hello,

I am currently running Prepar3D v3 (latest version), with FSUIPC4. I am trying to assign the keys on my Emuteq GNS530 to the simulator through the FSUIPC4.INI file. The issue is that after I write my changes in the file and save it, it gets re-written by Prepar3d when I load the program. I am currently using the configurations on this forum http://www.avsim.com/topic/450753-fsuipc-settings-for-mindstar-gns-530-in-p3d-23/ to get the GPS to work like I want it to. However, the INI file is not keeping my configuration, so the button assignments are not doing anything. I have tried both enabling and disabling the default controller settings within P3D, and there is no effect. I have also tried assigning the keys in FSUIPC within P3D, and that is also doing nothing. I know FSUIPC is seeing the buttons, as I can assign, for example, the enter key on the GPS to act as the enter key in P3D, but nothing happens. Every time I open the FSUIPC4.INI file, it looks like it has reverted to defaults. Anyone know how to resolve this? 

EDIT: [RESOLVED]-- I forgot to set the controller number in the INI file. 

Edited by FlyHAA
Found solution