The simFlight Network Forums

fsuipc4 installer for fsx has stopped working

After many months with no problems FSX:SE would not load.  Finally got it to load after deleting FSX:cfg file but needed a lot of work to get it going again. Had problems with throttle and other hardware under SPAD.neXt in W7.  After entering into Free Flight, I checked FSUIPC and though it would load, it would not recognize controls.  I tried re-installing FSUIPC 4.939 only to get error message "fsuipc4 installer for fsx has stopped working" and the only option was to close window. Downloaded current version 4.953 and still got 'stopped working' error.  Attached is Install Log file.  Any help would be appreciated, since Pete is gone until "2017"???

FSUIPC4 Install.log 9sep.txt

Thanks Thomas, when I initially searched for 'current version of FSUIPC' what I ended up with was v.4.953.  After Volker's post, I found the 4.955c and downloaded that and it installed without a problem (just closed FSX).  I will now go to your link and update.

Thanks to all for the help,

Jim

Hey Thomas, downloaded 4.956, unzipped, copied & pasted in Modules folder but when I tried to run FSUIPC installer it failed again.  Can I just uninstall FSUIPC and re-install?  Would that help?  In FSX:SE FSUIPC is showing v. 4.956 but I can't run Installer and register WideFS.  Last install log showing is the same one I previously included but I am sending FSU9PC4.log.

Thanks, 

Jim

FSUIPC4.log 911.txt