The simFlight Network Forums

Tower! 3D - TTS Voices are working correctly - confirmed

BullRot

Hello everybody,

I can just confirm that additional voices for TTS Sapi5 and only those seen avaible in Windows speech recognition are working very well with Tower! 3D.
I'm using IVONA and have a plenty of them since I'm using a separate Prepar3D voice ATC addon and works flawlesly with both :)
So another voices should be OK also. That is a very good news since the Win voice is awful.

I'm now waiting for Tower!3D Pro ;)

Cheers,
Dominik

Edited by BullRot

I'm on  Windows 7 Ultimate set to English (US) for speech recognition that I use within Flight Sim addons but I will check  Tower! 3D with French and Polish languages - Polish do not have Speech recognition at all.

Windows 7 Pro was installed with Polish (PL) and upgraded via key to Ultimate because of a Speech Recognition was absent at all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have Ivona 2 - 22kHz english only in 10 variants (a bit aged but still perfect for ATC etc).
It works with Tower! 3D on ANY Windows language.
TTS with Anna (US) and my additional voices are availble with any of language selected and are working perfectly, even when I uninstalled English.
Speech Recognition works only in English if en-US remains installed with others languages as of Ultimate version of Windows.

I can choose in the game menu Preffer Male/Female/Random and the voices are well recognised and I hear a mix  of them.

For some users that have WIndows 7 without SR (en-US), You can purchase like me a cheap and LEGIT Windows 7 upgrade or even a new serial to Ultimate for less than 10€ from many legit sites on the web ;-) It's 10x better than Vistalizator which doesn't work well anymore.

Edited by BullRot