The simFlight Network Forums

Custom control autopilot toggle

Hello everyone!

I search trough the button options for FSUIPC and I was looking for an autopilot toggle button. Couldn't find it so I saw there is a "custom control" thing but I don't know how it works and what value to put in there and where to get the value from.

I would really appreciate any help.

Regards, Gianluca

Edited by SMGianluca

8 minutes ago, SMGianluca said:

I search trough the button options for FSUIPC and I was looking for an autopilot toggle button

The one called "AP Master" is the AP toggle switch control for most aircraft. Some add-ons may use different methods. For FS controls like this one you can find the correct name (as used by FS internally) by enabling Event logging in FSUIPC, operating the control by mouse or FS short-cut, and looking in the FSUIPC Log to see which control name (and number) is logged.

9 minutes ago, SMGianluca said:

Couldn't find it so I saw there is a "custom control" thing but I don't know how it works and what value to put in there and where to get the value from.

Custom controls are mainly used by PMDG aircraft, and the values have to be derived from the documentation in the aircraft-specific SDK installed for those aircraft.

Pete

36 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

The one called "AP Master" is the AP toggle switch control for most aircraft. Some add-ons may use different methods. For FS controls like this one you can find the correct name (as used by FS internally) by enabling Event logging in FSUIPC, operating the control by mouse or FS short-cut, and looking in the FSUIPC Log to see which control name (and number) is logged.

Custom controls are mainly used by PMDG aircraft, and the values have to be derived from the documentation in the aircraft-specific SDK installed for those aircraft.

Pete

Thanks for your response Pete!

Well, I use PMDG and it seems that AP Master doesn't work, tried that already. Anything else I can do or how to use/find those "custom controls" for FSUIPC?

Regards, Gianluca

2 hours ago, SMGianluca said:

Well, I use PMDG and it seems that AP Master doesn't work, tried that already. Anything else I can do or how to use/find those "custom controls" for FSUIPC?

As I already said, the PMDG controls are all listed in the PMDG documents for your aircraft. I don't use PMDG so I can't tell you what custom controls do what, you have to work it out yourself from the information PMDG provides. Haven't you yet even looked in the SDK folder in your PMDG aircraft installation? There'll be a file there of type ".h", and the controls are all listed at the end of that.

I cannot support PMDG products -- that's their job. What I've done is provided a way to use what they provide. You work out the correct control number and parameter, and use them in the <custom control> assignment facility in FSUIPC.

Pete