The simFlight Network Forums

3D Pro Flight Limit?

Eriam JH

Not sure if this is a bug or if there is a setting somewhere that I missed, but... er, I seem to run out of planes?  Only played TIST so far, but with density set to 100% the most I get is about 5-6hrs sim time of traffic and then nothing.  I've tried starting at 8am, 9am and the default (noon?), but am usually out of traffic by 2 or 3 pm.  I've let the simulation run for up to 30 more hours (until the following evening) and never get another flight.  This is true so far in two two different computer environments (hi-end multi-GPU PC and mid-range laptop).  Usually limited to 32 flights per session, but once got up to 37 before the world decided it no longer wanted to visit St. Thomas.  I have open gates and some used gates, so plenty of capacity.  No errors, so there should be no pilots worried about my abilities ;P.

Anyone else encounter this or should I file a bug report?

Edited by Eriam JH

This is probably not the answer you're looking for but you really should get the schedule creator program.  It's very reasonably priced and it really adds needed realism to the traffic at an airport.  I'm not a spokes person, but you'll be happy you did.

TJ

Thanks for the suggestions!  I had considered Schedule Creator, but couldn't find any info confirming it would work for the Pro version.  I'll give it a try.  I can't wait to get deeper into this--it's far and away the most addictive game I've had in a VERY long time...  fills the void left by Kennedy Approach.  :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

Newly registered to the this forum but already playing since Tower 2011..  must say that Tower 3D pro is currently not very amusing with these problems not being solved.

Every time the marker of 3hrs is hit the following problems occur:

1. KPHL.. only arrivals no more departures for some reason.. arrivals keep on coming until gates are all full and then nothing anymore..
  2. KLAX.. no more departures.. gates are full so also no more arrivals.. some planes depart but only limited numbers.

At Feelthere would you please be so kind to test this instance so we do not have to start over every time around once we hit 3 hours of controlling? is there really a 3D PRO flight limit.

Same problem with schedule creator and the Nyerges supplies schedules.

Thanks

Nicolas

Dear Folks,

T!3D was optimized to a 2 hours session (as in real life we are not aware of any Tower that would allow you to control more than 2 hours without break). In another topic I explained the limitation and the compromises we had to make for the schedule, please look for it.

Although I wont promise that we will test and optimize the game for 3+ hours of gameplay but if you could post your log file after running out of flights we would definitely look into this to see if we can do something about it without causing even bigger (and more reasonable) problems. 

I'll post a log next long session I play, what I have noticed is on me snot 25% of arrivals will actually depart again, the rest of the departures are aircraft set in place before the session starts, so once there gone, usually a couple of hours, there is very limited activity.

Gareth

22 hours ago, FeelThere said:

Dear Folks,

T!3D was optimized to a 2 hours session (as in real life we are not aware of any Tower that would allow you to control more than 2 hours without break). In another topic I explained the limitation and the compromises we had to make for the schedule, please look for it.

Although I wont promise that we will test and optimize the game for 3+ hours of gameplay but if you could post your log file after running out of flights we would definitely look into this to see if we can do something about it without causing even bigger (and more reasonable) problems. 

Vic,

Many thanks, will post a log file shortly when doing another marathon.. we truly understand that considering real life its not possible.. Thanks for looking in to it its much appreciated

Brgs

Nicolas

• 4 weeks later...