The simFlight Network Forums

Graphics settings

mikced76

Just curious what graphics settings you guys use. I have shadows and bloom turned off completely and Antialising FXAA in game as well as texture quality HIGH. The problem I have is that the aircraft departing and landing are kind of stuttering forwards when picking up speed for departure or when landing. Also the texture quality is OK when I move the mouse myself around but as soon as an as the display moves even the slightest with an active aircraft the screen gets very blurry. Also the airline logos are never 100 percent sharp. 

Do you guys have any external NVIDIA setting enabled or disabled. Any help would be much appreciated 

By the way I have an Alienware X51 Small form factor that has a GTX745 videocard about two year old system

Mike    

As far as the blurries go, try under Advanced Graphic Settings, turn OFF (uncheck) Depth of Field. That worked for me on my AMD R9/270X. I think that may solve a majority of your problems. You may need to exit the sim and restart after this. How much VRAM does your video card have?

Regards,

SK

Hi Mike: My 270X has only 2 Gb RAM also. According to the system requirements it should be adequate. What is interesting is that when I monitor my GPU usage, it is running at 99%. Could be time to upgrade later this year when the new series of cards comes out (not the 5xx series).

I unchecked the "Depth of filed", fantastic result the surrounding is sharp even when the camera moves :) The only graphical issue for me now are the aircraft textures. I have the real color and real traffic addons and those airline logos are not that very sharp at least not on my system, and the aircraft themself look kind of blurry as well. Has anyone played around with any Nvidia setting outside of Tower3D itself?

Mike

You are most welcome. I have the same issue about sharpness but have concluded it is due to my 40" Monitor running in 1080p mode. Hopefully when the new crop of video cards comes out, I will upgrade and hope that solves the problem.