The simFlight Network Forums

"Thrust Vectoring" phenomena with PFC Turboprop Qu

Hi Pete,

Just a quick update. I've narrowed down the problem to my #1 prop lever. Now as I understand it, the throttle/prop/synch mixture synchronises all inputs to the number 1 throttle/prop/mixture lever (correct me if I'm wrong). Would it be possible for you to allow an option in a future release to synch all inputs to the #2 levers? (or is this possible now?)

Thanks for your response

P.S. I've emailed and telephoned PFC about this problem but have yet to receive any assistance from the tech support dept.

J.C. (MYNN)

Just a quick update. I've narrowed down the problem to my #1 prop lever. Now as I understand it, the throttle/prop/synch mixture synchronises all inputs to the number 1 throttle/prop/mixture lever (correct me if I'm wrong). Would it be possible for you to allow an option in a future release to synch all inputs to the #2 levers? (or is this possible now?)

It isn't possible now, no. I can have a look to see what's involved, but I'm a bit tight for time before my holidays in two weeks. It might have to be just a (relatively obscure) INI option, as I don't think the correct solution for a wonky lever is to use another. However, having said that, you can of course, change your lever assignments around. though I suppose that will become rather confusing if you ever want asymettric thrust! :)

Anyway, I'll put it on my list of things to do and see how I get on.

Regards.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pete,

Just wanted to let you know that your latest PFC.dll seemed to have done the trick. I installed it a few days ago, and after many flights ( without making any changes to my original settings and without using the sync function), I am happy to report that my oscillations seem to have all but disappeared. I can now advance my prop levers to full on final without the nose swinging all over the place. Thank you very much for your continued attention to this vexing problem.

J.C. (MYNN)

Just wanted to let you know that your latest PFC.dll seemed to have done the trick. I installed it a few days ago, and after many flights ( without making any changes to my original settings and without using the sync function), I am happy to report that my oscillations seem to have all but disappeared.

So you didn't even need to use the "ThrottleSyncEngine2=Yes" option I put in for you? That's good. It sounds like the levers are within reasonable tolerance after all. :)

Pete