The simFlight Network Forums

P3Dv4.3 & 4 engine controls

elitehow

Just upgraded from P3Dv4.2 to 4.3 which came with the C-130 aircraft, and I also just purchased the new DC-4 from Flight Replicas. These are the first 4 engine planes I have tried to use. I have successfully used FSUIPC various versions for years with my 1 and 2 engine planes with no problems.  I have a registered version FSUIPC v 5.123 installed. 

I can't seem to get my CH Products Throttle Quadrant to work correctly with these planes and am wondering if I am doing something wrong. I am trying to use throttle #1 to control engines 1 and 2, and trying to do the same for the prop control and mixture control. I setup the CH throttle # 1 and calibrate it and tick the box to map it to engine  #2 and do likewise for the prop controls and the mixtures. I then setup  throttle # 2 for engine 3 and map it to engine #4 and do the same with the prop and mixture controls. 

I move the first CH engine throttle stick which now should control engine # 1 and 2 and it works those throttles in the sim and I can see them move in the view on my monitor. . But when I move the second engine throttle stick which should control engines 3 and 4, it also moves engine number 2"s throttle in the sim and the view on my monitor. The same thing happens with the prop and mixture controls.

The CH Throttle Quadrant is about 2 years old. I have never tried to use it with 4 engine planes before. I am not sure if it is defective or if there is something wrong with FSUIPC. 

Is anyone else seeing this problem with P3D v4.3 and FSUIPC  5.132?

Thanks

Howard