The simFlight Network Forums

Three Position Toggle Switch

Hello:

I am building my first home cockpit panel and I have a question regarding three position toggle switches and the USB boards that support them.

I have engaged two different vendors for parts.

One vendor provides ON / ON / ON functionality with their USB board, and another only provides ON / OFF / ON functionality for three position switches with their board.

I need to control a fuel pump that has Hi / OFF / Lo in P3D (obviously “Low” is simulated since there is no Hi / Lo pump control in P3D, only On / Off).

I plan to use Lua script and FSUIPC to read and write to Lvars to get the switch animation along with ipc.Control() functions to effect the pumps.

I think this will require a board capable of sending a pulse signal for ON / ON / ON, and that ON / OFF / ON will not work since there will be no pulse sent for the middle position.

Can anyone confirm that my assumption is correct, or perhaps enlighten me as to how I might meet my requirements using a board that provides only ON / OFF / ON functionality for three position toggle switches?

Thank You!

Chris

Edited by chrisdev01

To use ON/OFF/ON switches, in FSUIPC you can set the command to be sent when the button/switch is released, so you would set one ON position to your fuel pump Hi (make sure it's not set to repeat) then set the fuel pump OFF command to sent on switch release. Do the same for the fuel pump Lo position. 

7 hours ago, DaveG said:

To use ON/OFF/ON switches, in FSUIPC you can set the command to be sent when the button/switch is released, so you would set one ON position to your fuel pump Hi (make sure it's not set to repeat) then set the fuel pump OFF command to sent on switch release. Do the same for the fuel pump Lo position. 

Dave:

Thanks for confirming this behavior in FSUIPC.

I was assuming (incorrectly) that the command sent on release only applied to momentary toggles and buttons.

I'm glad to now know that it works for standard toggle switches too.

Kind Regards,

Chris