The simFlight Network Forums

Cessna 172 radio panel Buttion Assigment

Hello

I've just finished building a hardware Cessna 172 simulator.  Since I don't have the proper C172 radios but another brand, I wanted to replicate the action for button selection across the top (see picture) with a simple switch.  For example, Switch on = NAV-1 ON and Switch off = NAV-1 OFF … and so on.

I'm running P3Dv4.5 and trying to assign a function is proving difficult as there are no specific commands listed that would turn the sound for NAV 1 on and off.  (I am teaching someone the basics of flight and navigation and being able to listen to the Morse from a particular VOR, for example, will positively identify that VOR from any other.)

Am I missing the commands here?  Are they available but just listed as something else?  Or. would it be better to make a macro, for instance?

Any thoughts?

Best wishes

Father Dane

Radio Panel.jpg

Even if another brand it should be highly unlikely to use some special commands to do this since they are all on/off and must integrate into flight sim as the sim provides the sound.

"Some" of the commands, most likely the ones you would need.
from --> \Modules\FSUIPC Documents\The 2016 List of FSX and P3D Controls.pdf ( or similar)

RADIO VOR1 IDENT TOGGLE     FSUIPC Control # = 65842
RADIO VOR2 IDENT TOGGLE     FSUIPC Control # = 65843
MARKER SOUND TOGGLE     FSUIPC Control # = 66477
RADIO DME1 IDENT TOGGLE     FSUIPC Control # = 65844
(OPT) RADIO DME2 IDENT TOGGLE     FSUIPC Control # = 65845
RADIO ADF IDENT TOGGLE     FSUIPC Control # = 65846

EDIT - These may be better in your case using on/off toggle switches although it doubles the commands.
ie - switch on = a separate button press, as does switch off. Will keep things in sync.

RADIO VOR1 IDENT SET     FSUIPC Control # = 65847,  Switch ON: Parameter = 1,  Switch OFF: Parameter = 0
RADIO VOR2 IDENT SET      FSUIPC Control # = 65848,  Switch ON: Parameter = 1,  Switch OFF: Parameter = 0
RADIO DME1 IDENT SET      FSUIPC Control # = 65849,  Switch ON: Parameter = 1,  Switch OFF: Parameter = 0
RADIO DME2 IDENT SET      FSUIPC Control # = 65850,  Switch ON: Parameter = 1,  Switch OFF: Parameter = 0
Switch ON: RADIO ADF IDENT DISABLE      FSUIPC Control # = 65836, Switch OFF: RADIO ADF IDENT ENABLE      FSUIPC Control # = 65841

Unfortunately the marker sound does not have a "set, enable or disable" so the control above (66477), or a lua to incorporate on/off discreetly, can be used. 

Hope helps,
Roman

Hello

Thank you for the detailed response - I will try it out today to see how it works for my simulator.  Once you pointed out where I should look, I could see where I had been making my mistakes.

Thank you

Father Dane