The simFlight Network Forums

Solved: Automate Flap Extension/Retraction by one notch in FSUIPC

Hi,

What should trigger this action? airspeed, time, weather, taste of the beer you are drinking?

Maybe you can specify your need a little bit more excactly. LUA functions can extend and retract flaps by one notch using for example the ipc.controls for:

65758   FLAPS_INCR
65759   FLAPS_DECR

Rgds
Reinhard

17 minutes ago, aua668 said:

Hi,

What should trigger this action? airspeed, time, weather, taste of the beer you are drinking?

Maybe you can specify your need a little bit more excactly. LUA functions can extend and retract flaps by one notch using for example the ipc.controls for:

65758   FLAPS_INCR
65759   FLAPS_DECR

Rgds
Reinhard

Long story. I have modified an aircraft.cfg to account for the additional drag of spoiler extension for the purpose of steep approaches with the FeelThere Embraer E-Jets v3. This may necessitate retraction of the spoilers at a specified altitude AGL (above ground level, or radar altitude) prior to touchdown (at which point the spoilers should deploy by default). The trigger here would be the aircraft altitude AGL (already calculated in a lua file by myself) which decrements the flap position by 1 notch at this specified altitude to account for removal of the aerodynamic effect of the spolers: in real life the retraction of the spoilers is automatic (too much going on very close to the ground for aircrew to be worrying about the spoilers in addition to safety considerations if they had been left deployed), and hence the requirement for automatic retraction in the sim world in the absence of actual keypress or button usage would also be advantageous.

2 hours ago, aua668 said:

Hi,

65758   FLAPS_INCR
65759   FLAPS_DECR

Rgds
Reinhard

Thanks Reinhard. I had missed the availability of ipc.control in the FSUIPC Lua Library manual to send a control and in this case it has solved my problem: I can now automatically decrement the flap setting based on height above ground level. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.