The simFlight Network Forums

v3 E175/195 TCAS broken?

Biggles2010

In P3D v4.5 with Hotfix3, and P3D v5 with Hotfix1, the TCAS seems to have been broken.  It's a similar issue to the one with weather radar in P3D5 with HF1.

On the MFD in plan view the TCAS selection on the drop down menu has disappeared. 

In P3D4.5 I think this was caused by Hotfix3. I've not seen this mentioned before so I assume it did work previously, but I don't have an earlier version of P3D4 to check this. 

Images show comparison with P3D3 which is how it should appear.  Can someone at FeelThere have a look please.

John B.

1108010770_TCAS1.jpg.ab853e91098a010fef4e8bcf54061117.jpg1860698251_TCAS2.jpg.2f907c4904e059fdeaf6c61ef6afe601.jpg

John,

If each P3D5 patch is breaking something then we must step back and wait. The EMBv3 is a product for P3D4.4 and 4.5 and it should (was) work(ing) with P3D5 and P3D4 and as far as we know it was working just fine until this latest patch. We are also aware other developers are experiencing the same thing and until the hotfix is out, that we expect for P3D5 we are not planning to change anything as it could as well break our work again. The product works for the version it was developed for and once all the hotfixes are out we will see what can we do.

Thank you

Vic

• Like 1

Thanks Vic, understood. I wasn't sure if the TCAS had been noticed.

I can share your frustration with all the work that goes into a product, only to find it's been screwed up by some P3D update. In particular Hotfix 3  for 4.5 was a complete surprise.

I had just decided to update my cockpit from P3D3 where the v2 Ejet was running faultlessly. I left the purchase of P3D4.5 just a day too late to get the HF2 version which was the one I had planned on. However the E 195 v3 is working well in most respects, so please keep up the good work and let's hope Lockheed Martin get their act together.

John B.

17 hours ago, FeelThere said:

John,

If each P3D5 patch is breaking something then we must step back and wait. The EMBv3 is a product for P3D4.4 and 4.5 and it should (was) work(ing) with P3D5 and P3D4 and as far as we know it was working just fine until this latest patch. We are also aware other developers are experiencing the same thing and until the hotfix is out, that we expect for P3D5 we are not planning to change anything as it could as well break our work again. The product works for the version it was developed for and once all the hotfixes are out we will see what can we do.

Thank you

Vic

Vic, or Mods,

Can I suggest you might post the text of this message as a sticky update to your 'Compatibility' post of 17 April. It's a clear and accurate explanation of why we all have to wait for LM.

Regards

John B.

John, would you possibly mind to check the MAP menu instead of PLAN?

We still compile E-Jets with 4.4 SDK for compatibility reasons, but I've just checked it in 4.5 and 5.0 and it's there. TCAS menu item was removed from PLAN because of testers feedback (I don't remember exact explanation) but it's still here in MAP menu. See my pictures attached. Hope it helps.

p3d 4.5.jpg

p3d 5.jpg

tcas 4.5.jpg

2 hours ago, alex.koshterek said:

John, would you possibly mind to check the MAP menu instead of PLAN?

Alex,

yes it is showing in MAP mode as usual, like your image, and is selectable as before, so that part looks OK.

To be honest I don't think the PLAN view without TCAS is a major issue, because I think MAP view is more commonly used.   I noticed it because I was comparing Ejets v3 to v2 to see what might have been changed.

John B.