The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC flap settings

Hello,

I recently wired a multi-engine quadrant panel, from ELITE, to two 15pin connectors wich are also connected to two 15-to-usb radio shack converter.

Anyhow I managed to assign the axis for the throttles, reverser and spoilers, but it seems now (because it worked before) flaps won't work.

I assigned an 'axis name' in the fsuipc.ini file and then move one of the axis, in the settings/assignments menu from flight sim, in the axis name choosen but when on fsuipc flap calibration, it shows nothing but 0.

Any help will be apreciated.

Best Regards,

Roderick Woolvett

I assigned an 'axis name' in the fsuipc.ini file and then move one of the axis, in the settings/assignments menu from flight sim, in the axis name choosen but when on fsuipc flap calibration, it shows nothing but 0.

1. FSUIPC doesn't know any names, only numbers.

2. You don't say which FS you are using, but if it is FS2004, you don't need to provide FSUIPc with the number in the INI file, as FS2004 provides direct axis assignment for the flaps. Just assign it in the FS assignments dialogue.

Regards,

Pete

Hello,

Thanks for the advise on the radio schack adaptor, but I' don't know how to wire a USB port, do you know any alternatives?.

Pete thanks, I meant with the axis name, that on the ini file I wrote in the flapcontrol setting the 66xxx (propeller 4 axis) and when on flight sim (fs2002) I assigned to propeller4 the axis I want but then FSUIPC doesn't seem to recognize the axis!?.

Best Regards,

Roderick Woolvett

Pete thanks, I meant with the axis name, that on the ini file I wrote in the flapcontrol setting the 66xxx (propeller 4 axis) and when on flight sim (fs2002) I assigned to propeller4 the axis I want but then FSUIPC doesn't seem to recognize the axis!?.

It should work fine. There's nothing very complicated involved in this. FSUIPC just intercepts the control number you provide, nothing more nothing less. Did you press the "Set" button?

Double check the number you've assigned. If FSUIPC is not seeing anything on that axis it does really mean nothing is getting through from FS, so it isn't correctly assigned. Maybe Fs isn't liking it for some reason.

Regards,

Pete