The simFlight Network Forums

Demonstration version available?

dinkster

not sure if this is what i am actually looking for..

i'm after something where i can display selected instruments on a 2nd (low power) pc, and if possible maipulate things like radial, hdg and compass etc.

is this what fsuipc does?

i all ready have the logitech nav, flight, tpm panels etc, im looking for somethign to give me an instrument display (but im buggered if im goign to play 170 euros an instrument for the logitech modules....)

cheers in advance

49 minutes ago, dinkster said:

i'm after something where i can display selected instruments on a 2nd (low power) pc, and if possible maipulate things like radial, hdg and compass etc.

is this what fsuipc does?

Not really, but FSUIPC could be part of a solution to accomplish this. But FSUIPC only runs on the same machine as the FS, to enable network capabilities you would need to add WideClient into the mix. This would then allow you to run FSUIPC clients on a remote PC, or use controllerss attached there, as well as run lua scripts, etc.

For displaying on a second PC though you will need WideView - or something similar. I don't know if there is a working version yet for MSFS, you would have to check,

You cam dowmload and try FSUIPC7 (for MSFS) - check the Announcements sub-forum for the link. It currently coms with a time-limited license, valid until 8th November. Documentation is also included, but some of that is a bit out of date (currently being updated).

Note that for FSUIPC7, I plan to make this runnable on a client PC at some stage, but this functionality is currently unavailable (in the beta), and won't be ready for the initial launch.

John