The simFlight Network Forums

Make Runways for FS2004

39 minutes ago, David Rutherford said:

I downloaded the M ake Runways for FS2004 and I put the exe file in the main FS9 directly per instructions ref the scenery.cfg file is located. When I attempt to execute the file to start the process it continues to crash the download. What am I doling incorrect, this is for the program PF3 in FS9.

"Crashes the download"? But you downloaded it? Do you mean when you RUN makerunways it crashes?

FS9? FS2004? It may be that you don't have the right MS tools installed. Which version of Windows are you using? MakeRunways has been developed using modern tools. You may need a much older version.

Pete

3 hours ago, PeterB said:

So what do you mean with an older Version? Older Version of makerwys?

Yes, could be. The current version is developed using Visual Studio 2019, with the latest libraries, so that it can take advantage of the latest developments. What version of Windows are you using? Didn't you see that question in my previous response?

You might do well installing the following, assuming they will install on whatever version you are using:

vc_redist.x86.exe
vc_redist.x64.exe

Let me know. Otherwise I'll see if I can dig up a many-years old version, suitable for something as old as FS2004.

Pete

Im using Windows 7

I installed both of thoesVersions,but i didn´t change anything

Allwaysthe same message:

Problemsignatur:
  Problemereignisname:    APPCRASH
  Anwendungsname:    MakeRwys.exe
  Anwendungsversion:    5.0.2.0
  Anwendungszeitstempel:    5fabee21
  Fehlermodulname:    StackHash_d234
  Fehlermodulversion:    6.1.7601.23889
  Fehlermodulzeitstempel:    598d4c81
  Ausnahmecode:    c0000374
  Ausnahmeoffset:    000ce8fb
  Betriebsystemversion:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Gebietsschema-ID:    1031
  Zusatzinformation 1:    d234
  Zusatzinformation 2:    d234b5d2eb10b28da3a8b6a49aa3045d
  Zusatzinformation 3:    d42f
  Zusatzinformation 4:    d42f97adbc132f35a56d961689d4db1e

I managed to check MakeRwys on a Win7 PC, and I get the same crash.

I'm afraid the latest version of MakeRunways is definitely not compatible with Windows 7. I'll see what I can do about that, but if it means downgrading any of its newer actions I'm afraid that's it, i'll document it as for Win10.

Meanwhile you can try using an older one. I've re-uploaded version 4.70 for use with Win7 and it is perfectly adequate for FS2004:

MakeRunways_470.zip

Pete