The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 reinstallation problems

Geolyre

I uninstalled FSUIPC7 after having trouble with it crashing my game and deleted all files after running the uninstall module. I then attempted to reinstall after redownloading the zip from the FSUIPC website. After doing so I did all the same as last time where it did work. I then run Install_FSUIPC7.exe and it installs. After running the module, nothing happens and when I attempt to click Install_FSUIPC7.exe again it says FSUIPC7 is already downloaded on your system and gives me the uninstalling module. After installing I do not get all the documents and FSUIPC7 like I did when I first downloaded it.

Thank you in advance.

Please read the Installation and Registration guide, as well as the README.txt, that comes in the zip file you downloaded.

Other than that, I do not understand what your issue is. Please read the provided documentation. If you think there is an issue, please atttachh appropriate information/files (e.g. installation log, or FSUIPC7.log, or both).

John

I have read the README.txt and it doesn't really help my problem. I also cannot attach the installation log as it does not give me this file after running the download. I have had it downloaded in the past and it did work but I had to uninstall it, so I did then I tried to reinstall it, when I reinstalled it and I ran installFSUIPC7.exe it didn't do anything so I ran it again, it then said I already had it downloaded but I didn't have any of the files and stuff so I uninstalled it and deleted the folders entirely from my PC then reinstalled the ZIP file and did it again, the same thing happened and it happens over and over again.

Thank you.

Read the Installation and Registration guide: Installing and Registering FSUIPC7.pdf

20 minutes ago, Geolyre said:

I ran installFSUIPC7.exe it didn't do anything

What do you mean by this? Didn't you see the installer UI?

21 minutes ago, Geolyre said:

so I ran it again, it then said I already had it downloaded

It never says this. If it detects that FSUIPC7 is installed, it will tell you and you have to uninstall before re-installing.

21 minutes ago, Geolyre said:

I didn't have any of the files and stuff

Sorry, but if it was installed there must be 'some files' on your system....

22 minutes ago, Geolyre said:

I also cannot attach the installation log as it does not give me this file after running the download

If the installer runs and terminates correctly, an InstallFSUIPC7.log file is created in the folder that contains the Install_FSUIPC7.exe that you just ran, and is also copied to your FSUIPC7 installation folder.

• 2 weeks later...

instruction at 0x00007FF069ca7a employs runtime error on fsuip memory address 0x000000 cannot be read

Sorry, but what does this mean? When do you get that - when running the installer or FSUIPC?

Please try uninstalling and re-installing the VC++ redistributables, as detailed in the README.txt