The simFlight Network Forums

WebSocket Intermittently disconnects

Dabull

Is it normal for the Web Socket to intermittently disconnect. It took me awhile to figure out this behavior and write logic to deal with it, which I can handle now without crashing the program. But is it normal to have these unexpected disconnects?

I'm not sure as I don't use websockets for any real world applications. Could it be a timeout? If you're letting the connection go idle for a while and it disconnects after a set amount of time, this would point to a timeout somewhere (server or client).

If it's random when the socket is in use then I'm not sure what could cause this. 

Does it also happen with the examples on the website?

Paul

It happens while in use . I haven't been able to pnpoint a specific interval as it could be a couple times in a minute and then not at all for ten minutes.

I won't worry about it anymore since I have a handler on reestablishing the connection if it closes.

Thanks.