The simFlight Network Forums

Problem with KeySend to WideClient: Can't SetWindowsHookEx!

10 hours ago, MCrevot said:

Among these applications, the most important is RCV4, and I can now fly RCV4 without going through KEYSEND.
But I'm still looking for how to get these KEYSENDs to work, which I find very handy because it allows you to choose the target application - and I still can't ...

Well I assume by now you've tried all three different ways they can be configured on the WideClient PC. There's something on your Client PC which stops all attempts. Sorry, I don't know what and, worse, I don't know how to find out.

Pete

Hello Pete,

don't worry, I will survive anyway!

However, I continued to investigate why W10 client does not respond to Keysend.
- I tried on another W10 pro client, no change.
- I searched the net, and found this interesting post:

https://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/49635-sendkeys-not-working-windows-10-a.html

Basically, I understand that for Microsoft Sendkey presents security risks, and that Microsoft no longer supports it under system32; I re-tested by disabling UAC, but even then nothing changes.

I'll keep looking and keep you posted if I find a solution; but i think indeed that under w10 sendkey should now be avoided.

Michel

On 11/1/2021 at 2:06 PM, MCrevot said:

I'll keep looking and keep you posted if I find a solution; but i think indeed that under w10 sendkey should now be avoided.

It is certainly looking that way.

But I had a further think about this. There is an existing alternative which should work: using a Virtual Joystick. My VJoyOffsets program acts as an FSUIPC client program, reading offsets which provide the data for button presses and axis values.

Please see http://fsuipc.com/download/vJoyOffsets.zip. Documentation is included.

Pete

Thanks Pete, I'll try.

If I understood correctly, and to take the example of the documentation, I can, thanks to VJoyOffsets, define on my client PC a joystick device n ° 15, and activate its buttons by writing in offset $66C4, on the Server PC; I can do that thanks to my ATC panel and SIOC .

But I don't understand how to get the virtual joystick buttons to send the characters RCV4 expects (on the client PC)? is it by defining in FSUIPC.ini (on the server PC) Key presses associated with the buttons of joystick n ° 15, for example 1 = P15, 0, K49,8 to send "1" by actuating button 0 of the joystick 15?

Michel

36 minutes ago, MCrevot said:

But I don't understand how to get the virtual joystick buttons to send the characters RCV4 expects (on the client PC)? is it by defining in FSUIPC.ini (on the server PC) Key presses associated with the buttons of joystick n ° 15, for example 1 = P15, 0, K49,8 to send "1" by actuating button 0 of the joystick 15?

Sorry, I thought the normal way for RCV4 was working for you -- i.e sending your reply on the FS PC, not via SendKeys.

The VjoyOffsets facility is for those applications which can (maybe alternatively) expect a joystick button press.

Pete

32 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Sorry, I thought the normal way for RCV4 was working for you 

Pete,

don't be sorry, i can use RCV4 the normal way ! ; I was just taking an example of piloting by sending a button!
So, ok, I understood the point of VJoyOffsets.

I have another idea, to use Autolt to create hotkeys on the client which would act as WideClient clients to send the desired characters; to be tested ...

Michel

32 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said: