The simFlight Network Forums

P3D crashing on approach

l3ubba

I recently installed the e-jets and attempted two flights from LFSB-EHAM. Both times I made it to approximately 25nm from EHAM and my sim crashed. Looking in event viewer it shows two errors. I noticed that the "faulting application path" in the second error points to an exe that in my folder has that same name but has ".config" at the end as well. Is this the way it is supposed to look? If I'm understanding these events correctly that file is somehow related to whatever is crashing my sim.

First:

Application: P3DDllXml.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(System.String, System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess, Int32, Boolean, System.IO.FileShare, Int32, System.IO.FileOptions, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES, System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(System.String, System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess, System.IO.FileShare, Int32, System.IO.FileOptions, System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(System.String, Boolean, Boolean)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(System.String, Boolean, System.Text.Encoding, Int32, Boolean)
   at System.IO.File.InternalWriteAllText(System.String, System.String, System.Text.Encoding, Boolean)
   at System.IO.File.WriteAllText(System.String, System.String)
   at P3DDllXml.Program.Main(System.String[])

Second:

Faulting application name: P3DDllXml.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5a633c5e
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1415, time stamp: 0x2791d798
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0012b522
Faulting process id: 0xd40
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7ff78e692a61f
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Samuel\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FeelThere EJets\SimObjects\Airplanes\P3DDllXml.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 664aecaa-7b6f-485a-b1ff-3c5c9894f4ff
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

• 2 weeks later...

@l3ubba While I don't know the cause, but I have the same file (P3DDllXml.exe.config) in the same folder. It's not an executable file but an XML file. I'm not experiencing the crash. Just in case it helps, the file contents are:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
    <startup> 
        <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.6.2" />
    </startup>
</configuration>

Does your crash happens while landing at other airports? Are you running P3D in administrator mode?