The simFlight Network Forums

Remove FSUIPC (temporary)

John Noe

I I am having some problems with FSUIPC closing when inflight.  This only happens when using a ACARS system from a VA.  I have tried multiple options with my registered version and now believe it may be best to fully remove it and start over.  Like many users, multiple software packages cause issues but I seem to unable to remove FSUIPC to do trouble shooting.  There must be some vestige remaining after following the uninstall routine. I remove all of its folders but my setup still recognizes the registered version .  

Where does it place files other than the obvious

John

13 hours ago, John Noe said:

I am having some problems with FSUIPC closing when inflight. 

If using windows 11, you need to set the following ini parameter in the [General] section of your FSUIPC7.ini file:
    DisableMSFSMonitor=Enum

Otherwise, please show me you FSUIPC7.log file.

To remove FSUIPC7, just run the uninstaller, or uninstall from the windows app management page. To temporarily disable (i.e. not auto-start with MSFS), just rename the FSUIPC7.exe, or remove the FSUIPC7 entry from your EXE.xml (or rename that file if FSUIPC7 is the only entry).

13 hours ago, John Noe said:

Where does it place files other than the obvious

Only in the Installation folder, your Documents folder, and the EXE.xml to auto-start. You can check your InstallFSUIPC7.log to see where and what is installed.

John

4 hours ago, John Noe said:

John, does this mean I add the "DisableMSFSMonitor=Enum" line as you have written into that file

If you are running under Windows 11 and FSUIPC7 is exiting as it things MSFS has exited, even though it is still running, then yes - that is the fix for that issue.
Difficult to tell without seeing your FSUIPC7.log file. If the issue occurs after several hours of flying, and you are running various simconnect clients, it could be an issue with the maximum number of client connections being exceeded. This is a very old simconnect issue - to correct for this, you need to increase the number of allowed simconnect client connections in your SimConnect.xml config file (MaxClients).

John

I did add the line.  Flew a flight today ATL-BOS in the FBW Development version.  Also loaded were the DeltaVA Acars, Pilot2Atc, Navigraph charts, and FSUIPC along with AIG Traffic with live weather.    No disconnects.  If the problem happens again, I will  take a look at the MaxClients issue.  My disconnects could happen anytime from runway to runway before.

Thanks for the support.

John