The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 CTDs

vaero943

I don't need to see a pic (which you didn't attach anyway!) but your FSUIPC7.log file. But what CTD'ed - FSUIPC7 or MSFS? If you check the FSUIPC7.log file first, you will probably see that FSUIPC7 exited as MSFS was no longer available (and maybe preceded by a couple of simconnect dispatch errors).

If it is MSFS crashing, then check the Asobo or PMDG support forums. Also check the windows event viewer for information - you may see a fault report for FSUIPC there, but this will be after a crash report for MSFS. 

Both if those log files show that FSUIPC was quit manually. You need to look at/show me the log file generated when you get a CTD. And you have still not confirmed if this was an MSFS CTD (when FSUIPC would also exit) or an FSUIPC CTD (when MSFS would still be running).

Your prev log (i.e. the one generated in the penultimate run of FSUIPC7) does show some errors:

41890  [ERROR]: Error setting Client Data Calculator Code: '46002 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE)'
    41890  [ERROR]: Error setting Client Data Calculator Code: '100 (L:switch_126_73X, number) == if{ 12601 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE) }'
    41890  [ERROR]: Error setting Client Data Calculator Code: '100 (L:switch_115_73X, number) == if{ 11501 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE) } 100 (L:switch_116_73X, number) == if{ 11601 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE) }'
    41890  [ERROR]: Error setting Client Data Calculator Code: '100 (L:switch_122_73X, number) == if{ 12201 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE) }'
    41890  [ERROR]: Error setting Client Data Calculator Code: '100 (L:switch_117_73X, number) == if{ 11701 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE) }'
    41890  [ERROR]: Error setting Client Data Calculator Code: '100 (L:switch_113_73X, number) == if{ 11301 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE) } 100 (L:switch_114_73X, number) == if{ 11401 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE) }'

These are due to using presets before the WASM interface is activated.

John

51 minutes ago, vaero943 said:

Hi John, here we go..

That log shows that FSUIPC7 exited normally as MSFS was no longer available:

2618578 MSFS no longer running - exiting

So it looked like MSFS crashed and so FSUIPC7 exited. Check the windows Event viewer - you should see a crash report for MSFS there (maybe followed by a fault/exception for FSUIPC7). I cannot help with MSFS CTD's - try the Asobo or PMDG forums.

John

Ok. Btw, I noticed that you are still using v7.3.6. The latest (and only supported version) is 7.3.7, so please update. There is also a beta version currently available for 7.3.8 with the additional PMDG offsets enabled here (this will hopefully be released in the next few days): 

John

22 minutes ago, vaero943 said:

Thank you John. I installed v7.3.7 but I had problems with my CPFlight MCU-CDU. I am not a computer savvy guy so I reverted back to .6 for the time being. I will contact CPFlight to see if they have any update for the new version.

There should be no changes between 7.3.6 and 7.3.7 that should affect your CPFlight MCU-CDU...

9 minutes ago, vaero943 said:

You must list the LVARS before communicating which .7 does not have as an option.

I don't know what this means....as I said there is no change between the versions for this. How were you doing this in 7.3.6, and why isn't that possible in 7.3.7?
Note also that the only change that listing the lvars (from the Add-ons->WASM->List Lvars menu option) does (apart from listing the lvars) is to perform a rescan for lvars (and hvars). This shouldn't be needed if your LvarScanDelay WASM ini parameter is high enough. Try changing that from the recommended (in the readme you attached) 45 seconds to 60 seconds. 

John

Later: and the readme doesn't say you need to list lvars, just wait until that option is available. That just means that the lvars have been loaded and are available for use...

v7.3.7 Add-ons>WASM>says Enable but the buttons/lights are not synchronized e.g. if you press a button on MCU does not light up though lights up on the VR cockpit. If you turn a knob int VR cockpit changes the value but not in the MCU.

v7.3.6 If i don't do the list LVARS I don't have the mirror two way coms

Again thanks for your help

LVARS.jpg

2 hours ago, vaero943 said:

v7.3.6 If i don't do the list LVARS I don't have the mirror two way coms

As I said, all that listing the lvars would do is a rescan. Increase your LvarScanDelay parameter, and you won't need to do this.

2 hours ago, vaero943 said:

v7.3.7 Add-ons>WASM>says Enable but the buttons/lights are not synchronized e.g. if you press a button on MCU does not light up though lights up on the VR cockpit. If you turn a knob int VR cockpit changes the value but not in the MCU.

Just because the WAPI is enabled, it doesn't mean that lvars/hvars are available. This occurs LvarScanDelay seconds AFTER the aircraft has loaded.

But again, there is no difference between 7.3.6 and 7.3.7 in these matters. 7.3.6 is no longer supported. I cannot help you if using that version - the first thing I will ask you to do is update to the latest and ONLY supported version (Betas excluded).

And please do not post images or videos (unless specifically asked). They are useless to me - I need to see your .log and .ini files, the former with appropriate logging enabled.

BUT as your issue is with an MSFS CTD, I cannot help with this, as I have said, so I am closing/locking this topic. If you are having issues with 7.3.7, please raise a new topic (preferably after understanding and following the hints I have given here).

John