The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 closes

Chad P

Hi,

I am running the latest version of FSUIPC in MSFS, but every the sim starts it won't auto load and when I am starting it manually,  it will close after seconds. This is the Error Log (in german):

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: FSUIPC7.exe, Version: 7.3.0.8, Zeitstempel: 0x6308c2eb
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: ucrtbase.dll, Version: 10.0.19041.789, Zeitstempel: 0x2bd748bf
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000409
Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000071208
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x2cb0
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d8c2b271f5c5bf
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: D:\Sim Tools\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Berichtskennung: 3b57d676-eb0e-4a83-a163-c2592486e07d
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: 
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: 

Hi John,

FSUIPC7 is crashing just a few seconds after starting the flight (FBW A320 exp). It seems it is always the same error:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: FSUIPC7.exe, Version: 7.3.0.8, Zeitstempel: 0x6308c2eb
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: ucrtbase.dll, Version: 10.0.19041.789, Zeitstempel: 0x2bd748bf
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000409
Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000071208
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x4520
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d8c2bd2d864b47
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: D:\Sim Tools\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Berichtskennung: c0084b25-4985-4f5a-b5fd-93c623dcd18d
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: 
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: 

The log is attached

Perhaps it's a problem with the FBW A320 Mod or their new SimBridge? With the Fenix A320 FSUIPC seems to be stable

FSUIPC7.log

Also, did  you auto-start FSUIPC7 with MSFS, or start it manually, an if so, when?
Does it crash again if you restart FSUIPC7? If so, can you show me the log, as well as your FSUIPC7.ini.

After a few tests, it seems ok here. Maybe also check that you are using the latest experimental release. Can you also let me know if this is the only aircraft/version in which this occurs, and maybe switch to the stable or development version temporarily and check with that version.

I am using simbridge, but it's activated for weeks without problems. The problems started some days ago. with manual and auto starting of FSUIPC.

Some seconds after loading the flight to the cockpit, the FSUIPC7 Icon disappears. Then I start it manually and after some seconds the same happens again..than it's like a loop.

I've a lua script for the parking brake (for the VA-Tracker), but using it for over a year without problems - could this be the issue?

Also I added a log with the fenix without crash

FSUIPC7.ini FSUIPC7.log A320ParkBrake.lua A320ParkBrake.log

So this only happens with the FVW experimental? As I said:

52 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Maybe also check that you are using the latest experimental release. Can you also let me know if this is the only aircraft/version in which this occurs, and maybe switch to the stable or development version temporarily and check with that version.

7 minutes ago, Chad P said:

I've a lua script for the parking brake (for the VA-Tracker), but using it for over a year without problems - could this be the issue?

It  shouldn't, but maybe try activating logging for Lua Plugins and send me a log with that. You can also try temporarily disabling it (just rename the lua file before you restart FSUIPC7) to make sure.

That lua could also do with an update - it should really use event.lvar rather than an infinite loop with a delay...

3 minutes ago, John Dowson said:
1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

Maybe also check that you are using the latest experimental release. Can you also let me know if this is the only aircraft/version in which this occurs, and maybe switch to the stable or development version temporarily and check with that version.

13 minutes ago, Chad P said:

Yes, I am always using the latest version of the FBW mod

I've downloaded the LUA Script from this forum and don't know how it's working..If you can optimize this scipt it  would be nice 🙂

7 minutes ago, Chad P said:

Here are another logs after restarting it manually and activated lua logs.

Ok, that shows the lua was sleeping when the crash occurred, so I doubt that is an issue.

9 minutes ago, Chad P said:

the second log without crash (waited for 3 minutes), now I've to go to my kids 🙂

So it doesn't crash every time? How come the lua plugin log wasn't still active in that log?

6 minutes ago, Chad P said:

I've downloaded the LUA Script from this forum and don't know how it's working..If you can optimize this scipt it  would be nice

Yes - I wrote that script a while ago as an example. I will update to use an event when I get a chance and repost.

13 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Yes - I wrote that script a while ago as an example. I will update to use an event when I get a chance and repost.

thx, this would be nice

I would do some tests with this new script and also with the script deactivated.

Could you try the attached version, v7.3.9c.  This fixes a CTD caused in the WAPI (WASM API( that can occur when several config data updates are received in quick succession, usually caused by lvar creation in the WAPI/WASM. I don't think this is the cause of your CTD but worth trying. I have not been able to get a CTD with this version so far...

Could you also enable debug logging in the WAPI, by adding the following to the [WAPI] section of your FSUPC7.ini file:
    LogLevel=Debug
and show me your FSUIPC7.log file again if/when you get a CTD.

John

Later: beta version removed, some issues...I will repost at some point...

Edited by John Dowson
beta version removed