The simFlight Network Forums

Fsuipc7.ini nog saved after editing

FlyingFred

I have FSUIPC7 installed in F:\MSFS2020 Addons\Utilities\FSUIPC 7 (not in MSFS2020 dir) and using the DEL keystroke under a Agronn Yoke Button for both Capt and F/O yoke. (Prosim 737 MSFS2020 profile)

[Buttons.Prosim737 MSFS2020]
0=RA,0,K46,8     -{Key press: Del}-
1=RF,0,K46,8     -{Key press: Del}-

2=PB,0,K86,9     -{Key press: lshift+V}-

This all works, but... when I try to edit and save the ini file into this; (in order to mute it making use of Voicemeter banana macro), either the CAPT or F/O PTT) ;

0=RA,0,K46,8,K66,10     -{Key press: Del}--{Key press: lctl+A}-
1=RF,0,K46,8,K65,10     -{Key press: Del}--{Key press: lctl+B}-

2=PB,0,K86,9         -{Key press: lshift+V}-    (this for opening the VDGS window)

It works also, but... when I close FUISPC7 and reopen the app, it is producing the initial settings without the changes I just made.

How can I establish the saving of the edited file?

Log file included

Kind regards,

FredFSUIPC7.1.log

You posted in the Announcements sub-forum where it explicitly states NOT for support requests. I have moved your post to the FSUIPC7 support sub=forum, where it belongs. Please tale care to post in the correct place for support.

When  editing the FSUIPC7.ini, you should do this either with FSUIPC7 not running, ir if it is running then open the button assignments window before editing, and once you have saved your changes, click the Reload all buttons button. If you don't do this, the original settings will be re-written.

John

Hi John,

Thanks for your response! I have followed your instructions and both methodes are without positive results. I have even changed installation directory to C:\FSUIPC. FSUIPC.EXE and it starts up with admin rights as well as all the Client related apps. MSFS2020 starts with the use of the generated MSFS.batch file. I am a little bit stuck here. 

Fred

Sorry, I just explained how you should edit the ini. Looking at what you are trying to do:

On 12/4/2022 at 12:35 PM, FlyingFred said:

0=RA,0,K46,8,K66,10     -{Key press: Del}--{Key press: lctl+A}-
1=RF,0,K46,8,K65,10     -{Key press: Del}--{Key press: lctl+B}-

2=PB,0,K86,9         -{Key press: lshift+V}-    (this for opening the VDGS window)

What is this? This is an invalid button assignment definition. If you want to send multiple keys on a button press, you have to duplicate the lines (and change them), not add the 2nd keypress to the same assignment line. Please see the Advanced User guide for the button assignments format. Try:

On 12/4/2022 at 12:35 PM, FlyingFred said:

0=RA,0,K46,8     -{Key press: Del}-
1=RF,0,K46,8     -{Key press: Del}-

2=PB,0,K86,9     -{Key press: lshift+V}-
3=RA,0,K66,10   
4=RF,0,K65,10  

i.e. add two additional assignment lines for the same buttons, and change the vk code and shifts parameter. No need to change the comments - this will get added by FSUIPC7 when it runs.

I think you are possibly confusing button assignments with key assignments, where the latter (key) format allows you to send a control (+ parameter) on key press and release. For buttons, these appear as distinct assignments.

John