The simFlight Network Forums

Approach Callouts for MSFS

ark1320

Below is a version of my Approach Callouts script for MSFS. It uses a main LUA scirpt, called ApprCallOutMSFS.lua, and a Sound folder called ApproachCallouts that contains wav files for calling out altitudes, flap settings, gear position and Minimums (Decision Height).  This ApprCallOutsMSFS script works for most aircraft with flap settings F1, F2, F5, F8, F10, F13, F14, F15, F17, F20, F25, F26, F28, F35, F38, F40, F45, F48, F50.  Altitude callout windows are at 2000ft, 1000ft, 500, 400, 300, 200, 100, 50, 40, 30, 20, and 10 ft.  At 800ft(a user settable altitude) there is a callout of gear position and flaps position.  The Decision Height callout is based on an aircraft DH Radio Altimeter setting.

You will see the path to my sound folder at the top of the main Lua script -- modify the path as needed. There are a few displays as well that appear in a small window (based on the FSUJIPC Window library) which is located in the upper right corner of the screen on my particular setup -- modify the window location as needed. The uploaded zip file below contains the main Lua script and the sound folder with the wav files.

There are comments at the top of the script that are worth reading if you plan to try an use or modify it. I'll be glad to try an answer any questions.  Although I use this script all the time, it has been years since I originally wrote it for FSX and P3D, and also a while since I updated it for MSFS, so some of the design details are a bit hazy right now .

Al

ApproachCallouts4MSFS.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1