The simFlight Network Forums

MCP - Host Code (FSUIPC/SimTek)

Hi John, 

I hope you can help me or to give me a good tip?

John. I have been using VRInsight's MCP Combo II Boeing until recently. But since I am building a homeckpit B777, I am of course trying to buy and install the hardware as realistic as possible 🙂

From www.flightsimpm.com I bought the landing gear lever + EFIS + Panelswitch for the B777 and run them all with the Linda software. 

Recently I bought a MCP from the company SimTek with a COM Port via RS232 to USB Connection.... As it is very close to the real MCP. 

Unfortunately SimTek does not offer any software to the MCP 😔and according to SimTek, users have to create their own software that communicates with the code language of the MCP. 

Now comes my question to you 😉.

I strongly assume that the Linda software accesses your FSUIPC .Lua and thus the hardware will work in P3d V5.5 ( like the MCP from VRInsight)

I would like to send you the PDF file, with the code language of the MCP...! So that you could please take a look at the code...But don't know how I could put the PDF in URL form here???. Do we have another way?

Do you have any idea how to bring this into the P3D V5.4 via FSUIPC?

Or any other idea?

1000 thanks for your answer 

Best regards

Stephan

4 hours ago, Engine 10 said:

I strongly assume that the Linda software accesses your FSUIPC .Lua

Yes - LINDA is a lua interface built on top of FSUIPC's lua facilities.

and thus the hardware will work in P3d V5.5 ( like the MCP from VRInsight)

Not necessarily - only if LINDA has a module/lua script that supports that hardware, otherwise you would have to write your own. You should ask about this on the LINDA support forum. The VRInsight MCP works with FSUIPC as we provide support for this device within FSUIPC (see appendix 3 in the Advanced User guide).

I would like to send you the PDF file, with the code language of the MCP...! So that you could please take a look at the code...But don't know how I could put the PDF in URL form here???. Do we have another way?

Why do you want to send me that - it is of no use to me. I will not be adding any special support for this device.

Do you have any idea how to bring this into the P3D V5.4 via FSUIPC?

No. It is really up to the hardware provider to provide the software for this device. If this is not available, then you would have to see if it can be controlled using the lua com interface, and write your own lua script to handle this. Or maybe check if MobiFlight support this device.

Or any other idea?

No, sorry. 

John