The simFlight Network Forums

Did Not Receive Product Key and I Can't Figure Out How To Get To The Axis And Button Assignments Pages

David123

I purchased FSUIPC 7 from Simmarket. I thought that when I purchased it I would get an E-mail giving me a product key so that I could register it.  I never received the E-mail.  I installed FSUIPC 7 on my computer and it connects with MSFS but I don't know how to get to the pages to assign axis, keys and buttons. I'm terrible at reading and understanding manuals, so, if someone could tell me how to get to those pages I would appreciate it.

When I start MSFS it goes through all of it's contributor pages (X Box, Asobo, etc) and the FSUIPC page loads, but it's blank except for some technical stuff in the upper left corner. I don't know if there is supposed to be something else on that page or not.

15 hours ago, David123 said:

I thought that when I purchased it I would get an E-mail giving me a product key so that I could register it.  I never received the E-mail.

You should have received an email with your license details, If you did not, you can raise this with SimMarket via their support service - see https://secure.simmarket.com/customerservice.php

Your license details will also be available from your SimMarket account, so you can get them from there, and register them at the end of the installation process. You will not see the Assignments menu if you have not registered your license.

I have the very same problem as member David 123. Never had any problem before when updating FSUIPC but this time I think I somehow managed to destroy my registration

renewed registration fails although I do have all the correct info: name+e-mail+Key and did as recomended.

image.png.e84b12317c54d781ed4ce03be4105c74.png

15 hours ago, fjschoute said:

I have the very same problem as member David 123

No you don't - his problem was that he never received his registration details via email.

15 hours ago, fjschoute said:

I do have all the correct info: name+e-mail+Key and did as recomended.

Please see the provided documentation - the Invalid Key Problems section of the Installation and Registration guide.
99.99% of all such issues are caused either by
    1. user error (putting in the wrong details)
    2. not having the correct VC++ redistributables oinstalled

Once you have read the documentation and updated your VC++ redistributables, if you still have an issue then post your order number here (do NOT post your key details) and I will check your registration details. 
Note I have done this many many times and have NEVER found an issue with user registration details.

John

31 minutes ago, fjschoute said:

Thanks for your response. I updated as instructed and used the exact info (name, e-mail and key as published on the downloadpage

So you updated the VC++ redisributables and still it won't validate? It validates just fine here. I will PM you a key file - please save this to your FSUIPC7 installation folder, then re-run the installer. This will then pre-populate the three registration fields (name, email, key) with the details from the key file - try validating them.

If it fails validation, please check any anti-virus software that you are using. It has been reported that some anti-virus software quarantines/removes (or doesn't allow to run) the registrationChecker.exe program build into the installer.

If none of that applies, and you have updated your VC++ redstributables, then I have no idea why it fails validation. If you run FSUIPC7 with that key file, does is run as a licensed/registered version (e.g. can you see the Assignments menu)? 

John

@fjschoute How did it go with that Key file? Did it validate? If so, why are those details different from the ones you entered?
If it doesn't validate, does FSUIPC still run as registered?

I am interested to know why you could not register correctly.