The simFlight Network Forums

Problem with 7.4.12 - hotkeys not working reliably after start-up

pointy56

Here are some logs relating to the problem that I have been seeing with hotkeys not working reliably with 7.4.12 - apologies for originally posting this in the wrong forum.

I primarily run FSUIPC for PF3, and this uses hotkey support; after upgrading to 7.4.12 (the 9/5/24 version) these were not working after starting MSFS and FSUIPC.
I do know that FSUIPC was at least partially working as I was able to retune the COM1 radio from PF3 Web Display; this is a separate application which uses Paul Henty's FSUIPC client.
When I reverted to 7.4.11 everything worked fine, as it had being doing previously.

In order to try to capture a log with the problem I reinstalled 7.4.12, this time using the 23/5/24 version; when I then started MSFS the hotkeys worked fine, so I thought all was well.
However, when I started MSFS today, having made no further changes, the hotkeys were again not working.  This time I closed FSUIPC and restarted it manually; normal service was resumed.

I'm attaching 3 logs; the one dated 26/05 is with hotkeys working after reinstalling 7.4.12 - the other 2 are from today, a) is with no hotkeys and b) is for the manual restart of FSUIPC.
And today, again, I was able to retune the COM1 radio even when the hotkeys weren't working.
I should also mention that I use the EXE method of starting FSUIPC, as I have done since the early days of MSFS - it's always worked reliably for me until now.

Thanks,
Martin

FSUIPC7-logs.zip

13 hours ago, pointy56 said:

I'm attaching 3 logs; the one dated 26/05 is with hotkeys working after reinstalling 7.4.12 - the other 2 are from today, a) is with no hotkeys and b) is for the manual restart of FSUIPC.

Yes - your a) log shows that key presses were not being received, and you also had a couple of re-connections, and this is the only test where FSUIPC7 was auto-started. I still don't understand why key presses are sometimes  not being received, but this also looks like its timing related.
Can you therefore set the following values for these ini parameters:

DetectToConnectDelayAuto=75
InitialStallTime=20
StartUpTuningDoneVersion=-1

These will delay the initial connection attempt by another 10 seconds, and allow more time for the response, hopefully reducing these re-connects, and the -1 will prevent auto-tuning from changing these values.

If you get this issue again (FSUIPC7 not receiving key presses), can you first try disconnecting and then reconnecting (from the MSFS menu option) to see if that corrects it, and if not then restart FSUIPC7.

John