The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 isn´t working with SkyDemon on any device:

Leon99

Hello everyone,

I purchased a licence for FSUIPC7 a few days ago with the intention to link Skydemon on either my Ipad mini 6 or with my android Samsung Galaxy S21 to MSFS 2020 but on both devices this message appears:"waiting for simulator". Yes, they are all in the same network, the box: "GPS out1 and GPSout2" is ticked and also the correct license key, which I´ve got via SimMarket, was entered via setup. When the simulator is running, FSUIPC7 says: connected to simulator. But both devices says wating for simulator. I hope I´ll get anykind of customer service, or any contacts from the developer. Lastyl I tried nearly every variations of editing the .ini file, for example switching somthing to yes or no.

I hope I get a quick response, otherwise I´ll need to contact SimMarket for any refunds. Thanks for your support or ideas.

Leon

On 6/23/2024 at 8:51 PM, Leon99 said:

I purchased a licence for FSUIPC7 a few days ago

You should have tried the free license before purchasing, available at the top of this forum.

Yes, they are all in the same network, the box: "GPS out1 and GPSout2" is ticked and also the correct license key, which I´ve got via SimMarket, was entered via setup. When the simulator is running, FSUIPC7 says: connected to simulator.

Can you show me / attach your FSUIPC7.ini and FSUIPC7.log files.

Lastyl I tried nearly every variations of editing the .ini file, for example switching somthing to yes or no.

It is certainly not a good idea to randomly change things that you do not understand....

I hope I´ll get anykind of customer service, or any contacts from the developer.

If your issue is with SkyDemon, have you tried contacting their support?

I hope I get a quick response,

I have been on holiday since last Thursday:

I´ll need to contact SimMarket for any refunds.

As it states on the purchase page - NO REFUNDS. This is why I provide an extended trial license.

John

Hello John,

Question1: You should have tried the free license before purchasing, available at the top of this forum.

My answere: I have to apologize to you, you are right that I should have tested the free version first, but i didn't know there was one.

Question2: Can you show me / attach your FSUIPC7.ini and FSUIPC7.log files.

My answere: Of course you´ll find both in the attachments. These files aren´t placed in the documents/FSUIPC folder. I was just able to finde these two using the search tool in the explorer and when I click on these files it says they were found in C:\FSUIPC7 (no exact path).

Question3: It is certainly not a good idea to randomly change things that you do not understand....

My answere: Completely agree with you, but I´ve read some of your provided pdf files and in coorperation with these mentioned steps I switch for example "SimModeIndicator" from No to yes, becaue I´m using an Apple device (and android too).

Question4: If your issue is with SkyDemon, have you tried contacting their support?

My answere: Yes, I´ve contacted SkyDemon and they told me, they could only give support for the X-Plane Simulator and not for third-party-software acting as a bridge. Moreover they could give the information that my licence is fully active and should´nt cause any issues.

Question5: I have been on holiday since last Thursday...

My answere: Then I must apologize all the more for the annoyance and I hope that you had a nice time on vacation and hope the weather played along.

Question6: As it states on the purchase page - NO REFUNDS. This is why I provide an extended trial license.

My answere: Then i probably have no chance and accept this. I just thought that you need a key to be able to use the gpsout function.

Thank you so much for your quick support actions and take care.

Leon

FSUIPC7.ini FSUIPC7_prev.log FSUIPC7.log

3 minutes ago, Leon99 said:

Question1: You should have tried the free license before purchasing, available at the top of this forum.

My answere: I have to apologize to you, you are right that I should have tested the free version first, but i didn't know there was one.

It does say this on the SimMarket page for FSUIPC7:

It is recommended to download and read the documentation and try the unregistered version before purchase.

You can also try the registered facilities using a trial license, available here:
    https://forum.simflight.com/topic/92702-fsuipc7-trial-license-available-here/

3 minutes ago, Leon99 said:

These files aren´t placed in the documents/FSUIPC folder. I was just able to finde these two using the search tool in the explorer and when I click on these files it says they were found in C:\FSUIPC7 (no exact path).

The log and ini files are always in the FSUIPC7 installation folder, and C:\FSUIPC7 is the default location where it is installed, so you just installed in this location by default.
Not sure why your logs haven't completed/closed correctly. Maybe FSUIPC7 was still running when you attached the FSUIPC7.log file (please always exit FSUIPC7 before attaching files), but the FSUIPC7_prev.log should have closed properly, which it hasn't. Not sure why this is.

And it looks like FSUIPC7 isn't actually doing much, except sending out GPS data. You don't seem to even have any devices/controllers....

You can try logging the GPS data to see what is being sent - go to  Log -> Custom, and enter x4. After doing that, the GPS strings being sent out will also be logged in the FSUIPC7.log file.

16 minutes ago, Leon99 said:

Question4: If your issue is with SkyDemon, have you tried contacting their support?

My answere: Yes, I´ve contacted SkyDemon and they told me, they could only give support for the X-Plane Simulator and not for third-party-software acting as a bridge. Moreover they could give the information that my licence is fully active and should´nt cause any issues.

Strange... I am not expecting them to support FSUIPC7 (I do that!), but they should support SkyDemon on all platforms that they support. I cannot support SkyDemon.

18 minutes ago, Leon99 said:

Question6: As it states on the purchase page - NO REFUNDS. This is why I provide an extended trial license.

My answere: Then i probably have no chance and accept this. I just thought that you need a key to be able to use the gpsout function.

You do need a key/license to use the GPS-out facilities, but you can also trial this first by requesting a trial license. FSUIPC7 doesn't do online license validation, so once a licensed is given it cannot be rescinded, hence the no refund policy. Sorry about that (but you should be able to get this working...).

Did you install Flight Sim GPS? Did you check out that link I posted? Try following this: 

Posted (edited)

Hey,

sorry for some delay:

Yes I already viewed this video and it´s fantastic, but the link in the description relating to this website: http://flightsimgps.com/ doen´t work. The serve timed out trying to reach this website and I tryed googling it, but no results with a download link. So I installed a software called gpsgate to virtualise a com port and send via UDP Port 49002 to skydemon but nothing works. Do you know how I can acess Flight Sim GPS?

Its so frustrating..

Thanks for all

Leon

Edited by Leon99

22 hours ago, Leon99 said:

Do you know how I can acess Flight Sim GPS?

No, sorry.

I will try the free/trial version of SkyDemon and see if I can get that working and let you know, but it may take a week or so before I get time to looking into this.

John