The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 starts automatically

Holt

I have unselected the menu items 'Open on Start', and 'Auto-Connect to FS', and yet upon launching MSFS 2020, FSUIPC somehow always starts.  I find this behavior obnoxious, not least because I have specifically selected it not to.  It's like a virus has infected my system.

So before I uninstall it along with all the previous crapware that has infected my system, is there a way to prevent it from auto-starting every time MSFS 2020 launches?

I hate to come across as impolite, but this really is unacceptable.  A program should not force itself on me like some obnoxious ad pop-up that won’t go away.  I truly hope there is a reasonable explanation and fix for this.  I know FSUIPC is widely used and has a long and well established track record in flight simulation.  Nevertheless, my patience is just about ended.

Edited by Holt
Change of tone

4 hours ago, Holt said:

I have unselected the menu items 'Open on Start', and 'Auto-Connect to FS', and yet upon launching MSFS 2020, FSUIPC somehow always starts.

This is because you have installed the FSUIPC7 auto-start component. If you do not want FSUIPC7 to start with MSFS, re-install and de-select the auto-start component (there are two distinct methods of using auto-start - make sure both are unchecked).
'Open on Start' means to open the FSUIPC7 main window on start-up. Usually it starts iconised to your system tray.

4 hours ago, Holt said:

I hate to come across as impolite, but this really is unacceptable.  A program should not force itself on me like some obnoxious ad pop-up that won’t go away.  I truly hope there is a reasonable explanation and fix for this.  I know FSUIPC is widely used and has a long and well established track record in flight simulation.  Nevertheless, my patience is just about ended.

Yes, you come across as very impolite. I provide a lot of documentation with my software. You should at least try looking at that before posting. Try starting with the Installation and Registration guide.

You should also actually look at what you are installing - it should be obvious that you are installing a component called 'Auto-Start'.

John

• Thanks 1

• John Dowson changed the title to FSUIPC7 starts automatically

Iff uninstalling is what it takes to fix the problem, then that is what I shall do.  I won’t have any need to reinstall.  Thank you.

Just now, Holt said:

Iff uninstalling is what it takes to fix the problem

Well, it is NOT a problem. When you installed, you selected to install the auto-start option, so then obviously FSUIPC7 will be auto-started with MSFS. If you do not want that behavior, then you need to install without this component.
This option is ONLY available during installation as this installs a component in the MSFS EXE.xml file to get MSFS to auto-start FSUIPC7.

3 minutes ago, Holt said:

I won’t have any need to reinstall.

Fine, but why did you even install it in the first place?

John