The simFlight Network Forums

Request for Update on PMDG 77W Data Offsets for SimConnect and FSUIPC Integration

aeloyq

Hello FSUIPC Community,

I hope this message finds everyone well. I am writing to discuss an issue I've encountered with the recent release of the PMDG 77W for Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS). Along with its release, the pmdg  77w SDK was also made available with the first update. However, I've noticed some discrepancies that are causing challenges in data integration using SimConnect and FSUIPC.

Specifically, the DATA_NAME, DATA_ID, and DATA_DEFINITION (used for SimConnect_RequestClientData) differ significantly from those used in the 737 (NG3). As a result, the offsets (0x6420 - 0x66C0) that were previously usable for PMDG NG3 aircraft are now incompatible with the PMDG 77W. This incompatibility is affecting my ability to properly integrate and retrieve data from the new aircraft model.

Given these changes, I would like to inquire if there are any plans to update the offsets for the PMDG 77W in the upcoming updates? Additionally, I am keen to know if there is a way I can contribute to this update process. I am willing to assist in any capacity to ensure that we can have a seamless experience with the new PMDG 77W in MSFS.

Any guidance or suggestions from the community or the developers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your assistance and support.

#ifndef PMDG_777X_SDK_H
#define PMDG_777X_SDK_H

// SimConnect data area definitions
#define PMDG_777X_DATA_NAME             "PMDG_777X_Data"
#define PMDG_777X_DATA_ID               0x504D4447
#define PMDG_777X_DATA_DEFINITION       0x504D4448
#define PMDG_777X_CONTROL_NAME          "PMDG_777X_Control"
#define PMDG_777X_CONTROL_ID            0x504D4449
#define PMDG_777X_CONTROL_DEFINITION    0x504D444A
#define PMDG_777X_CDU_0_NAME            "PMDG_777X_CDU_0"
#define PMDG_777X_CDU_1_NAME            "PMDG_777X_CDU_1"
#define PMDG_777X_CDU_2_NAME            "PMDG_777X_CDU_2"
#define PMDG_777X_CDU_0_ID              0x4E477835
#define PMDG_777X_CDU_1_ID              0x4E477836
#define PMDG_777X_CDU_2_ID              0x4E477837
#define PMDG_777X_CDU_0_DEFINITION      0x4E477838
#define PMDG_777X_CDU_1_DEFINITION      0x4E477839
#define PMDG_777X_CDU_2_DEFINITION      0x4E47783A
Edited by aeloyq

I am currently looking into adding/re-activating the PMDG 777 specific offsets. They will be available in the next release of FSUIPC7, which I am currently planning on releasing towards the end of the week.

John

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, John Dowson said:

They are in the Offset Mapping for PMDG 777 document which should be in your GSUIPC7 documents folder, and is attached below.

John

Offset Mapping for PMDG 777.pdf 223.63 kB · 0 downloads

Is this every offset available or just what has been mapped so far?  For example there is nothing in there for throttle or autothrottle.  I am designing/building a throttle quadrant.

30 minutes ago, PriZeFighter13 said:

Is this every offset available or just what has been mapped so far?

That is everything available from the PMDG 777 SDK.

30 minutes ago, PriZeFighter13 said:

For example there is nothing in there for throttle or autothrottle.

If there are no specific offsets for throttle or auto-throttle, maybe the 777 is using the provided simvars in which case you can use the standard/general offsets for this. Otherwise look at the available lvars, which can be added to spare/free FSUIPC offsets if required (for both read and write - PMDG offsets are read-only). I can see these lvars that may be of use:
    Throttle1_Pos
    Throttle2_Pos
    XMLVAR_LeverThrottleHidden1
    XMLVAR_LeverThrottleHidden2
    MCPAutothrottleSwitchOnLeft
    MCPAutothrottleSwitchOnRight
    MCPAutothrottleSwitchOffLeft
    MCPAutothrottleSwitchOffRight

There are no "Input Events" available for the PMDG 777.  There may be some H-vars (HTML variables), but you would need to inspect the throttle behavior to discover these (see https://www.badcasserole.com/uncovering-input-events-using-the-msfs2020-model-behavior-dialog/). But Hvars don't hold values and are only for controlling HTML elements in the UI, so most probably not relevant.

If none of this is sufficient for your needs, you can ask PMDG about this.

John