The simFlight Network Forums

MSFS DevMode Repeat Console Messages

Hi, I've been assisting PMDG with pinning down a sim freeze (no CTD) I've been encountering with their new 777.

As part of that, I noticed that running FSUIPC seems to be causing thousands of repeat error messages in the MSFS dev mode console. Is there a way to prevent these from occurring without shutting down FSUIPC?

All messages seem to be "Attempting to call Modular Fuel System simvar on a plane that doesn't use it." See attached file.

Thanks!

Troy

FSUIPC7.log FSUIPC7.ini FSUIPC7.JoyScan.csv MSFSdevmode_errorsmsgs.txt

10 hours ago, vanislepilot said:

As part of that, I noticed that running FSUIPC seems to be causing thousands of repeat error messages in the MSFS dev mode console. Is there a way to prevent these from occurring without shutting down FSUIPC?

All messages seem to be "Attempting to call Modular Fuel System simvar on a plane that doesn't use it." See attached file.

This is happening as you have added some simvars to be requested  from the Modular Fuel System in your myOffsets.txt file:

4156     Adding simvar 'FUELSYSTEM VALVE SWITCH:3' to offset 58A0 (size 1, type 'I32') for read-only access
     4156     Adding simvar 'FUELSYSTEM PUMP SWITCH:1' to offset 58A1 (size 1, type 'I32') for read-only access
     4156     Adding simvar 'FUELSYSTEM PUMP SWITCH:2' to offset 58A2 (size 1, type 'I32') for read-only access
     4156     Adding simvar 'FUELSYSTEM PUMP SWITCH:3' to offset 58A3 (size 1, type 'I32') for read-only access
     4156     Adding simvar 'FUELSYSTEM PUMP SWITCH:4' to offset 58A4 (size 1, type 'I32') for read-only access
     4156     Adding simvar 'FUELSYSTEM PUMP SWITCH:5' to offset 58A5 (size 1, type 'I32') for read-only access
     4156     Adding simvar 'FUELSYSTEM PUMP SWITCH:6' to offset 58A6 (size 1, type 'I32') for read-only access
      4156     Adding simvar 'FUELSYSTEM VALVE OPEN:9' to offset 58D0 (size 1, type 'I32') for read-only access
     4156     Adding simvar 'FUELSYSTEM VALVE OPEN:10' to offset 58D1 (size 1, type 'I32') for read-only access

You need to remove these entries when using aircraft that do not use the new modular Fuel system.

This is really an issue with MSFS - it should log (and return) an error once when such a simvar is requested, but it continues to log an error at the request rate, and no erro is returned to the client.

John