The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 version 7.4.18beta now available: Traffic Zapper and Traffic Limiter functionality added back

John Dowson

The latest version of FSUIPC7 is now available as a beta version for testing. In this version, I have restored the Traffic Zapper and Traffic Limiter functionality. However, please note that unlike in previous versions of FSUIPC, AI traffic cannot actually be deleted. instead it is move/relocated to the opposite side if the world to its current position,

Traffic Zapper functionality remains the same as in previous versions of FSUIPC, except that the options for this can now be found in the Miscellaneous UI panel (and traffic is relocated to its antipodal position and not actually deleted). If you want a zap sound played, you will need to create a 'sound' folder (under your FSUIPC7 installation folder) and add your *.wav files there, then select the file in your zapper options.

For this release, I have decided not to activate the traffic limiter by default. If you want to try this, you need to add the following to the [General] section of your FSUIPC7.ini file:
    AddTrafficOptions=Yes
Once this is done, the traffic limiter will be active and the parameters can be seen/set from the Traffic UI panel - the zapper settings as well as the TCAS settings are also duplicated in this panel.

I don't think AI traffic has such a performance hit in MSFS2020 compared to in FSX and P3D, so I am not sure how useful this is anymore - hence why I have currently made this optional. Any feedback on using the traffic limiter would be helpful - should I keep this as optional (via the ini) or make it permanently available?

Please use this topic for all issues/questions/comments on this beta release.

The current beta version is 7.4.18a, and is available as a full install, including updated documentation, from the following location:
     InstallFSUIPC7.4.18beta.zip

John