The simFlight Network Forums

Command Bars

Is there any offsets that FSUIPC have for flight director bars in PFD. How can i determine positions of these bars? I need urgent help because i am in real trouble.thanks.

There are flight director pitch and bank values, readable at 2EE8 and 2EF0. Please check the FSUIPC SDK Programmers Guide. I don't know yet whether these work in FS2004. If not, let me know and I'll look for them.

Pete

a little question: is there any program which i can read FSUIPC variables at the same time.(a program like FSInterrrogate by P.Liljendal)

You can use FSInterrogate by P.Liljendal. If you have not registered your copy of FSUIPC you can register this program instead, access key is

161C 7AUZ D1BV

Also, and possibly more conveniently, you can use the new Monitoring facilities in FSUIPC. Go to the Logging page, look on the right-hand side. I find the "Adv Display" facility very useful -- this refers to the FS on-screen display window which used to be for Adventure texts. You don't need AdvDisplay installed for this. The documentation explains the Monitor facilities (see the Advanced Users guide).

Regards,

Pete

I read both variables u said: 0x2EE8 and 0x2EF0 for FD_PITCH and FD_BANK.

my i cannot make a connection between these values and FD bars.FD_BANK value changes between -25 and +25 and it gives the difference between current heading and selected heading.but i can see no relationship between this value and command bar.and i completely cant understand FD_PITCH value.

i dont expect u to tell me how FD works but i will be glad if u show me way via FSUIPC variables to determine movement of command bars.also do u have any suggestions for learning how FD works.

thanks a lot.

i dont expect u to tell me how FD works but i will be glad if u show me way via FSUIPC variables to determine movement of command bars.also do u have any suggestions for learning how FD works.

Sorry, no. I am not an aircraft engineer, just a computer programer. There is nothing in FS that I know of which tells you exactly where to position the FD bars or chevron in tems of pixels. This would be very dependent on the type of AI and the graphics used therein, wouldn't it?

The pitch one should be easy as the AI is usually scaled in degrees up and down. You'll need to scale the up and down movement of the bar to match the pitch difference provided by FS.

The -25 to +25 sounds correct for the bank indication -- these represent the normal bank limits in degrees for an autopilot controlled turn, so the FD will indicate only between those limits too. If you are using a chevron you would tilt it that much. If bars, then the vertical bar would be positioned such that the line from the aircraft to the crossing point makes that angle with the vertical.

Really if you are trying to program aeronautical instrumentation you need to get some reference material so you know how they work.

Regards,

Pete

thanks for the reply but i am relly confused.if i have to compute FD pitch and bank values (positions of the bar) than what are the variables at 2EE8 and 2EF0 for.

As they say, those variables give you the pitch and bank values. YOU just have to work out what this means in terms of the graphics, as I described.

If you are not going to use what FS is giving you, how will you do it? I don't understand why you wouldn't want to use the values in 2EE8 and 2EF0. What are you misunderstanding here? I was trying to help as you said you didn't know what the values were. I was trying to help you use them, not ignore them!!

Use the Monitoring facilities on the FSUIPC Logging page to display the contents of those two values on screen whilst watching the behaviour of the FD bars in the cockpit gauges. Then you will understand, I'm sure.

Pete