The simFlight Network Forums

Individual aircraft assignments

I am NOT near my flight computer or I could try this and find out myself but - when programming buttons and switches to individual a/c joysticks - after I program the functions and assign them to aircraft A - I now want to assign the same ones to aircraft B without repeating all the actions - what is the best approach?

If it's as simple as just change the name of the a/c, I shall proceed to get a big towel and wipe the egg off my face - but I did say I am not near my flight system!

:oops:

Thanx!

edit ; forgot I could RTFM online - found my aswer re profiles!

Vic

I am NOT near my flight computer or I could try this and find out myself but - when programming buttons and switches to individual a/c joysticks - after I program the functions and assign them to aircraft A - I now want to assign the same ones to aircraft B without repeating all the actions - what is the best approach?

For common button actions you would be better off making them non-specific.

Are aircraft A and Aircraft B variations of the same aircraft? Are there assignments which must be different between them? If not, choose an abbreviated name for them both and edit the INI file to use that instead, enuring that "ShortAircraftNameOk=substring" is set in the [General] section.

You should also think about using Profiles instead.

If none of this, then just copy and paste the settings you want duplicated in the INI file.

Regards

Pete

Thanx Pete - profiles look like the way to go. I have a few a/c that I like to fly of varoius types -A2A P-51, Flight1 Mustang, Kodiak, etc - almost all different. Some with using a joystick and some using a yoke.

that brings up a different question - Assuming I have a CH yoke and rudders and Throttle quadrant and an X52 stick connected to FSX system - I create profile for the P-51 using the x52 and for the Kodiak I create one using the yoke. Will there be conflicts doing this or would FSUIPC essentially "disable" the unused controller depending on profile chosen?

Thanx again,

Vic

Assuming I have a CH yoke and rudders and Throttle quadrant and an X52 stick connected to FSX system - I create profile for the P-51 using the x52 and for the Kodiak I create one using the yoke. Will there be conflicts doing this or would FSUIPC essentially "disable" the unused controller depending on profile chosen?

Yes, though it isn't so much disabled as simpy ignored (except of course in the FSUIPC assignments tab). Unless you have things assigned in FS as well, only those assignments pertinent to the current aircraft or profile are active.

Regards

Pete