4 replies to this topic

#1 Barbs

Barbs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:07 AM

Hi guys,

Tried AVSIM with no luck. Does anyone here know how to ensure that the Enable Controller checkbox in the FSX menu is disabled (unchecked) and stays that way. I am finding that it is enabled randomly and I have to remember to uncheck it every time I load FSX otherwise it causes issues with my FSUIPC setup.

Is there a CFG tweak or something I can use? Anything?
Greg

#2 Pete Dowson

Pete Dowson

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 27,105 posts
  • LocationNear Stoke-on-Trent, UK

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:11 AM

Hi guys,

Tried AVSIM with no luck. Does anyone here know how to ensure that the Enable Controller checkbox in the FSX menu is disabled (unchecked) and stays that way. I am finding that it is enabled randomly and I have to remember to uncheck it every time I load FSX otherwise it causes issues with my FSUIPC setup.

Is there a CFG tweak or something I can use? Anything?

I've never heard of it becoming re-enabled by itself. I think it is morte likely that your FSX.CFG file isn't being updated when you close FSX. Perhaps FSX isn't closing correctly, but crashing instead?

Take a look in your FSX.CFG file. In the section called [CONTROLS] you should have

JOYSTICKS=0

If not just set it that way.

Pete

#3 Barbs

Barbs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:52 PM

Hi Pete,

Ordinarily I would have thought the same thing. Nevertheless sometimes when loading FSX the checkbox would be unchecked from last time, yet another time I would load FSX and it would be Enabled.

The JOYSTICKS=0 wasn't there but I have added it as that's exactly the kind of thing I was looking for.. I'll report back whether the problem persists.
Greg

#4 Barbs

Barbs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:01 AM

Just to report back.  Adding JOYSTICKS=0 doesn't appear to have worked. It would appear that whenever the controller configuration on the system changes (say I unplug a throttle to use the USB port or something) the next time I load up FSX, the controllers are enabled again.

Greg

#5 English Rebel

English Rebel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationTriad Area of North Carolina

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

Just to report back.  Adding JOYSTICKS=0 doesn't appear to have worked. It would appear that whenever the controller configuration on the system changes (say I unplug a throttle to use the USB port or something) the next time I load up FSX, the controllers are enabled again.

Greg

That's normal.  FS thinks it's a new device and enables the controls.  I have mine disabled and it's never been re-enabled.  Have you set your joystick numbering so that FS "remembers" them and doesn't think they are new devices?  Look at page 27 in the User Guide for information.

Alan

MB ASUS P8Z68-V PRO Z68; GPU nVIDIA GTX 570 ; CPU INTEL i7 2600K 3.4; MEMORY MUSHKIN 8GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) 7 LATENCY; ANTEC CPU WATER COOLER KUHLER H20 620; WD VELOCIRAPTOR 600GB; WIN7 HOME PREMIUM 64BIT
FSX with SP1 and SP2; ORBX PF, PNW, NRM, DARRINGTON MUNI.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket