The simFlight Network Forums

A2A C172 brake problems after calibrated with FSUIPC

FSUIPC4, Version 4.931

Prepar 3D version 2.2

First.Where do I find the hotfix?

Now the problem.

Brakes on all planes work fine.

On the A2A172 they were working fine,then  I calibrated them with FSUIPC and they were fine but a little too sensitive after calibration, so in calibration I tried to make them more progressive thru one of the graphs under the slope button.

Now the problem is, if I apply full brakes I get no brakes, I release a bit and get differential brakes, I release a bit more and get brakes.

Went back to the original linear graph and problem persists.

I think something must have gotten changed in the 172 A2A cfg file because I deleted Prepar3D and FSUIPC files and that have not solved the problem.

Any ideas?

First.Where do I find the hotfix?

Please see the download links subforum. Where you download FSUIPC updates I put a link into the P3D thread where the hotfix is buried. I've pleaded with L-M to make it part of the normal user account downloads oage all to no avail.

On the A2A172 they were working fine,then  I calibrated them with FSUIPC and they were fine but a little too sensitive after calibration, so in calibration I tried to make them more progressive thru one of the graphs under the slope button.

Now the problem is, if I apply full brakes I get no brakes, I release a bit and get differential brakes, I release a bit more and get brakes.

Went back to the original linear graph and problem persists.

I think something must have gotten changed in the 172 A2A cfg file because I deleted Prepar3D and FSUIPC files and that have not solved the problem.

Well, FSUIPC doesn't touch any files at all outside of its own set -- LOG, KEY and INI. And I don't believe that any aircraft does (or even can) modify its own CFG file, so I really don't understand what you have going on there. If the brakes are still working correctly on all other aircraft then I can only assume that either something has somehow got corrupted in the aircraft files (in which case reinstall it), or there is a problem with it that was always there but you've not noticed it before.

The indications from P3D don't tell you what is going on with the brakes exactly enough in any case. You could try logging the axis values in FSUIPC. If you run P3D in Windowed mode, temporarily, and enable FSUIPC's console log, you'll be able to see the axis values change in real time.

The red brakes messages on screen (assuming you've not suppressed them) show "brakes" when both left and right pressures are the same, and "differential brakes" when they are different.

Regards

Pete